Swoope stepping down at MDA, headed for Florida
JACKSON — Mississippi Development Authority executive director Gray Swoope is leaving his job for a similar position in Florida.
Gov. Haley Barbour said Swoope would now be the head of economic development in Florida.
Swoope became director of MDA in Jan. 2007, moving up after the retirement of wealthy businessman Leland Speed. Swoope had been second in command at the agency since 2004.
It wasn’t immediately clear how soon Swoope would resign or when Barbour would appoint another MDA chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Swoope stepping down at MDA, headed for Florida”
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities