Swoope stepping down at MDA, headed for Florida
JACKSON — Mississippi Development Authority executive director Gray Swoope is leaving his job for a similar position in Florida.
Gov. Haley Barbour said Swoope would now be the head of economic development in Florida.
Swoope became director of MDA in Jan. 2007, moving up after the retirement of wealthy businessman Leland Speed. Swoope had been second in command at the agency since 2004.
It wasn’t immediately clear how soon Swoope would resign or when Barbour would appoint another MDA chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Swoope stepping down at MDA, headed for Florida”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money