Swoope stepping down at MDA, headed for Florida
JACKSON — Mississippi Development Authority executive director Gray Swoope is leaving his job for a similar position in Florida.
Gov. Haley Barbour said Swoope would now be the head of economic development in Florida.
Swoope became director of MDA in Jan. 2007, moving up after the retirement of wealthy businessman Leland Speed. Swoope had been second in command at the agency since 2004.
It wasn’t immediately clear how soon Swoope would resign or when Barbour would appoint another MDA chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Swoope stepping down at MDA, headed for Florida”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image