Swoope stepping down at MDA, headed for Florida
JACKSON — Mississippi Development Authority executive director Gray Swoope is leaving his job for a similar position in Florida.
Gov. Haley Barbour said Swoope would now be the head of economic development in Florida.
Swoope became director of MDA in Jan. 2007, moving up after the retirement of wealthy businessman Leland Speed. Swoope had been second in command at the agency since 2004.
It wasn’t immediately clear how soon Swoope would resign or when Barbour would appoint another MDA chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Swoope stepping down at MDA, headed for Florida”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete