Swoope stepping down at MDA, headed for Florida
JACKSON — Mississippi Development Authority executive director Gray Swoope is leaving his job for a similar position in Florida.
Gov. Haley Barbour said Swoope would now be the head of economic development in Florida.
Swoope became director of MDA in Jan. 2007, moving up after the retirement of wealthy businessman Leland Speed. Swoope had been second in command at the agency since 2004.
It wasn’t immediately clear how soon Swoope would resign or when Barbour would appoint another MDA chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Swoope stepping down at MDA, headed for Florida”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion