Entergy Nuclear announces new management team
JACKSON — The retirement of a national leader in nuclear development is initiating key organizational changes within Entergy Nuclear. Randy Douet, current site vice president at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station near Port Gibson, will move to Entergy Nuclear’s headquarters in Jackson to lead Entergy’s nuclear business development function as nuclear renaissance pioneer Kenneth Hughey steps down.
Mike Perito, vice president at River Bend Station in St. Francisville, La., will become Grand Gulf’s vice president, with Eric Olson, current River Bend general manager, stepping in as River Bend’s vice president.
An acting general manager will be named at a later date to fill the position vacated by Olson.
Douet became vice president of Grand Gulf in March 2008. From 2004 until that time, he worked with the Tennessee Valley Authority. Previously, Douet served Entergy Nuclear in a variety of roles at Arkansas Nuclear One, River Bend and Waterford 3. He worked as Waterford 3’s operations manager from 2000-2002, when he was promoted to plant manager.
Perito came to River Bend Station in Jan. 2008, bringing 29 years of nuclear generation experience and playing a key role together with Olsen in the station’s performance turnaround success. Initially a mechanical engineer with the Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Perito began work with Boston Edison Company in 1985 as a system engineering manager before being promoted to assistant operations manager at Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station. He has held leadership positions at a fossil fuel plant, and at Quad Cities and Palo Verde nuclear stations.
Olson joined River Bend Station in 2007 as general manager of plant operations from Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station, where he started work in 1988 and served in various leadership roles, culminating in the operations manager’s position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts