Eye Associates opens another Coast clinic
Published: March 2,2011
OCEAN SPRINGS — Eye Associates of the South, which has long-time clinics in Biloxi and Gulfport, has opened a third clinic in Ocean Springs. This is the medical group’s second expansion since its main clinic was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina.
Dr. Rainna Bahadur, a partner in the group of four ophthalmologists and two optometrists, said the doctors have confidence in the Coast.
The group’s other partner, Dr. Joel Knight, founded the practice in 1986.
The group’s former main clinic on Lameuse Street in Biloxi was gutted by Katrina, as was Bahadur’s house. Knight’s house was totally washed away.
“Truly at no point in time, not even right after Katrina, did we think about leaving the Coast,” Bahadur said, a Greenwood native.
The new clinic is at 6616 Washington Avenue, Suite A, in Ocean Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Eye Associates opens another Coast clinic”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams