Eye Associates opens another Coast clinic
Published: March 2,2011
OCEAN SPRINGS — Eye Associates of the South, which has long-time clinics in Biloxi and Gulfport, has opened a third clinic in Ocean Springs. This is the medical group’s second expansion since its main clinic was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina.
Dr. Rainna Bahadur, a partner in the group of four ophthalmologists and two optometrists, said the doctors have confidence in the Coast.
The group’s other partner, Dr. Joel Knight, founded the practice in 1986.
The group’s former main clinic on Lameuse Street in Biloxi was gutted by Katrina, as was Bahadur’s house. Knight’s house was totally washed away.
“Truly at no point in time, not even right after Katrina, did we think about leaving the Coast,” Bahadur said, a Greenwood native.
The new clinic is at 6616 Washington Avenue, Suite A, in Ocean Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Eye Associates opens another Coast clinic”
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement