Eye Associates opens another Coast clinic
Published: March 2,2011
OCEAN SPRINGS — Eye Associates of the South, which has long-time clinics in Biloxi and Gulfport, has opened a third clinic in Ocean Springs. This is the medical group’s second expansion since its main clinic was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina.
Dr. Rainna Bahadur, a partner in the group of four ophthalmologists and two optometrists, said the doctors have confidence in the Coast.
The group’s other partner, Dr. Joel Knight, founded the practice in 1986.
The group’s former main clinic on Lameuse Street in Biloxi was gutted by Katrina, as was Bahadur’s house. Knight’s house was totally washed away.
“Truly at no point in time, not even right after Katrina, did we think about leaving the Coast,” Bahadur said, a Greenwood native.
The new clinic is at 6616 Washington Avenue, Suite A, in Ocean Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Eye Associates opens another Coast clinic”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force