Eye Associates opens another Coast clinic
by Wally Northway
Published: March 2,2011
OCEAN SPRINGS — Eye Associates of the South, which has long-time clinics in Biloxi and Gulfport, has opened a third clinic in Ocean Springs. This is the medical group’s second expansion since its main clinic was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina.
Dr. Rainna Bahadur, a partner in the group of four ophthalmologists and two optometrists, said the doctors have confidence in the Coast.
The group’s other partner, Dr. Joel Knight, founded the practice in 1986.
The group’s former main clinic on Lameuse Street in Biloxi was gutted by Katrina, as was Bahadur’s house. Knight’s house was totally washed away.
“Truly at no point in time, not even right after Katrina, did we think about leaving the Coast,” Bahadur said, a Greenwood native.
The new clinic is at 6616 Washington Avenue, Suite A, in Ocean Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Eye Associates opens another Coast clinic”
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up