Hancock names post-Whitney merger executives
Published: March 3,2011
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Co., which is acquiring rival banker Whitney Holding Corp., says that longtime Whitney executive Joseph Exnicios will head its operations in Louisiana and Texas following the merger.
The two companies are awaiting shareholder and regulatory approval for the $1.5-billion stock deal announced Dec. 22. Gulfport-based Hancock plans to continue using the Whitney Bank name in Louisiana and Texas.
Hancock also said Wednesday that New Orleans-based Whitney’s current executive vice president of credit administration, Suzanne C. Thomas, will be the post-merger chief credit officer for Whitney Bank, which is based in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- The leadership styles of President Obama