Hancock names post-Whitney merger executives
Published: March 3,2011
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Co., which is acquiring rival banker Whitney Holding Corp., says that longtime Whitney executive Joseph Exnicios will head its operations in Louisiana and Texas following the merger.
The two companies are awaiting shareholder and regulatory approval for the $1.5-billion stock deal announced Dec. 22. Gulfport-based Hancock plans to continue using the Whitney Bank name in Louisiana and Texas.
Hancock also said Wednesday that New Orleans-based Whitney’s current executive vice president of credit administration, Suzanne C. Thomas, will be the post-merger chief credit officer for Whitney Bank, which is based in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015