Hancock names post-Whitney merger executives
Published: March 3,2011
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Co., which is acquiring rival banker Whitney Holding Corp., says that longtime Whitney executive Joseph Exnicios will head its operations in Louisiana and Texas following the merger.
The two companies are awaiting shareholder and regulatory approval for the $1.5-billion stock deal announced Dec. 22. Gulfport-based Hancock plans to continue using the Whitney Bank name in Louisiana and Texas.
Hancock also said Wednesday that New Orleans-based Whitney’s current executive vice president of credit administration, Suzanne C. Thomas, will be the post-merger chief credit officer for Whitney Bank, which is based in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location