Hancock names post-Whitney merger executives
Published: March 3,2011
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Co., which is acquiring rival banker Whitney Holding Corp., says that longtime Whitney executive Joseph Exnicios will head its operations in Louisiana and Texas following the merger.
The two companies are awaiting shareholder and regulatory approval for the $1.5-billion stock deal announced Dec. 22. Gulfport-based Hancock plans to continue using the Whitney Bank name in Louisiana and Texas.
Hancock also said Wednesday that New Orleans-based Whitney’s current executive vice president of credit administration, Suzanne C. Thomas, will be the post-merger chief credit officer for Whitney Bank, which is based in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex