Two workers die in Greenville Bridge accident
GREENVILLE — Authorities say a second worker has died of injuries suffered yesterday in an accident on the old Mississippi River Bridge between Mississippi and Arkansas.
The old bridge between Greenville and Lake Village, Ark., is being dismantled after a new, bigger bridge was built about a half-mile up river.
Washington County Coroner Methel Johnson tells the Delta Democrat Times that a 46-year-old worker died at the scene yesterday and a 21-year-old employee died later at a Jackson hospital.
Johnson says the names have not been released until authorities contact relatives.
The men worked for Granite Construction, a subcontractor on the dismantling project.
Richard Flores, the foreman at the site, says no work was being done today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data