Two workers die in Greenville Bridge accident
GREENVILLE — Authorities say a second worker has died of injuries suffered yesterday in an accident on the old Mississippi River Bridge between Mississippi and Arkansas.
The old bridge between Greenville and Lake Village, Ark., is being dismantled after a new, bigger bridge was built about a half-mile up river.
Washington County Coroner Methel Johnson tells the Delta Democrat Times that a 46-year-old worker died at the scene yesterday and a 21-year-old employee died later at a Jackson hospital.
Johnson says the names have not been released until authorities contact relatives.
The men worked for Granite Construction, a subcontractor on the dismantling project.
Richard Flores, the foreman at the site, says no work was being done today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal