Two workers die in Greenville Bridge accident
GREENVILLE — Authorities say a second worker has died of injuries suffered yesterday in an accident on the old Mississippi River Bridge between Mississippi and Arkansas.
The old bridge between Greenville and Lake Village, Ark., is being dismantled after a new, bigger bridge was built about a half-mile up river.
Washington County Coroner Methel Johnson tells the Delta Democrat Times that a 46-year-old worker died at the scene yesterday and a 21-year-old employee died later at a Jackson hospital.
Johnson says the names have not been released until authorities contact relatives.
The men worked for Granite Construction, a subcontractor on the dismantling project.
Richard Flores, the foreman at the site, says no work was being done today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game