Arledge to lead new department
Entergy Mississippi Inc. has announced that Mississippi native John Arledge has been named vice president of state public affairs for the electric utility. Arledge will lead a newly-formed department created to drive and focus strategic oversight of governmental and public affairs.
Arledge most recently served as executive vice president of marketing and business development for Community Bancshares Inc. He previously served as deputy chief of staff for Gov. Haley Barbour and director of communications for Gov. Kirk Fordice.
This position replaces the former vice president of governmental affairs position, effective with the April 2011 retirement of Will Mayo, who served the company for 32 years.
Bennie Paige, director of state governmental affairs for Entergy Mississippi, will be responsible for working with the Mississippi Legislature on issues that affect the company, its customers and 2,000-plus Mississippi employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million