Arledge to lead new department
Entergy Mississippi Inc. has announced that Mississippi native John Arledge has been named vice president of state public affairs for the electric utility. Arledge will lead a newly-formed department created to drive and focus strategic oversight of governmental and public affairs.
Arledge most recently served as executive vice president of marketing and business development for Community Bancshares Inc. He previously served as deputy chief of staff for Gov. Haley Barbour and director of communications for Gov. Kirk Fordice.
This position replaces the former vice president of governmental affairs position, effective with the April 2011 retirement of Will Mayo, who served the company for 32 years.
Bennie Paige, director of state governmental affairs for Entergy Mississippi, will be responsible for working with the Mississippi Legislature on issues that affect the company, its customers and 2,000-plus Mississippi employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma