Arledge to lead new department
Entergy Mississippi Inc. has announced that Mississippi native John Arledge has been named vice president of state public affairs for the electric utility. Arledge will lead a newly-formed department created to drive and focus strategic oversight of governmental and public affairs.
Arledge most recently served as executive vice president of marketing and business development for Community Bancshares Inc. He previously served as deputy chief of staff for Gov. Haley Barbour and director of communications for Gov. Kirk Fordice.
This position replaces the former vice president of governmental affairs position, effective with the April 2011 retirement of Will Mayo, who served the company for 32 years.
Bennie Paige, director of state governmental affairs for Entergy Mississippi, will be responsible for working with the Mississippi Legislature on issues that affect the company, its customers and 2,000-plus Mississippi employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force