Arledge to lead new department
Entergy Mississippi Inc. has announced that Mississippi native John Arledge has been named vice president of state public affairs for the electric utility. Arledge will lead a newly-formed department created to drive and focus strategic oversight of governmental and public affairs.
Arledge most recently served as executive vice president of marketing and business development for Community Bancshares Inc. He previously served as deputy chief of staff for Gov. Haley Barbour and director of communications for Gov. Kirk Fordice.
This position replaces the former vice president of governmental affairs position, effective with the April 2011 retirement of Will Mayo, who served the company for 32 years.
Bennie Paige, director of state governmental affairs for Entergy Mississippi, will be responsible for working with the Mississippi Legislature on issues that affect the company, its customers and 2,000-plus Mississippi employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation