Bomgar rolls out new iPad support solution
Published: March 8,2011
RIDGELAND — Bomgar has introduced what the company said is the very first collaborative remote support representative console designed for the iPad.
The new Bomgar iPad Representative (Rep) Console allows IT support technicians to access, view and fix a remote computer or mobile device directly from their iPad or iPad 2.
The Bomgar iPad Rep Console lets support technicians work on multiple remote support sessions at once, plus invite other in-house and external support reps to simultaneously collaborate on the same session. It also does not require the person being supported to have pre-installed software on his or her device or be part of a pre-defined “buddy list” to receive support. Technicians can provide support to anyone in virtually any location using their iPad.
The iPad Rep Console works in conjunction with the Bomgar appliance, making it the only iPad remote support solution that does not pass session information through a third-party server, keeping sensitive data safe and sound behind a company’s firewall, according to the company.
“Just like the customers and employees they’re helping, IT support technicians are becoming increasingly mobile, and they need the ability to provide around the clock support even when off-site,” said Nathan McNeill, co-founder and vice president of product strategy at Bomgar. “Right now, many of these technicians are downloading consumer-focused remote access apps to perform support, but these products have limited functionality and can be huge security risks. Enterprises under strict compliance regulations can’t afford to have session recordings and system data passing through a third-party server, especially if the rep is using a personal remote access app that isn’t company-approved.
The Bomgar iPad Rep Console will be available to all Bomgar customers this summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters