MGCCC to break ground on new center
Published: March 8,2011
The $10.1-million facility, to be constructed by 2012, will house Hospitality and Tourism Management, Culinary Arts and Related Foods, and Business and Marketing Management along with other related programs and workforce training.
In addition to programs in the 50,000-square-foot facility, there will be conference space for 400 people and a dining facility for 145 people to be served by students in the Hospitality and Tourism or Culinary programs. The facility will have four kitchens including a demonstration kitchen with tiered seating, a production kitchen with a large dining room, a basic teaching kitchen and a pastry/baking kitchen. There will also be a hotel room and front desk, which will be used for student practicums. Four computer labs, six classrooms, student lockers and changing areas, and work and office space will also be included.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015