MGCCC to break ground on new center
Published: March 8,2011
The $10.1-million facility, to be constructed by 2012, will house Hospitality and Tourism Management, Culinary Arts and Related Foods, and Business and Marketing Management along with other related programs and workforce training.
In addition to programs in the 50,000-square-foot facility, there will be conference space for 400 people and a dining facility for 145 people to be served by students in the Hospitality and Tourism or Culinary programs. The facility will have four kitchens including a demonstration kitchen with tiered seating, a production kitchen with a large dining room, a basic teaching kitchen and a pastry/baking kitchen. There will also be a hotel room and front desk, which will be used for student practicums. Four computer labs, six classrooms, student lockers and changing areas, and work and office space will also be included.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson