MGCCC to break ground on new center
by Wally Northway
Published: March 8,2011
The $10.1-million facility, to be constructed by 2012, will house Hospitality and Tourism Management, Culinary Arts and Related Foods, and Business and Marketing Management along with other related programs and workforce training.
In addition to programs in the 50,000-square-foot facility, there will be conference space for 400 people and a dining facility for 145 people to be served by students in the Hospitality and Tourism or Culinary programs. The facility will have four kitchens including a demonstration kitchen with tiered seating, a production kitchen with a large dining room, a basic teaching kitchen and a pastry/baking kitchen. There will also be a hotel room and front desk, which will be used for student practicums. Four computer labs, six classrooms, student lockers and changing areas, and work and office space will also be included.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe