MGCCC to break ground on new center
Published: March 8,2011
The $10.1-million facility, to be constructed by 2012, will house Hospitality and Tourism Management, Culinary Arts and Related Foods, and Business and Marketing Management along with other related programs and workforce training.
In addition to programs in the 50,000-square-foot facility, there will be conference space for 400 people and a dining facility for 145 people to be served by students in the Hospitality and Tourism or Culinary programs. The facility will have four kitchens including a demonstration kitchen with tiered seating, a production kitchen with a large dining room, a basic teaching kitchen and a pastry/baking kitchen. There will also be a hotel room and front desk, which will be used for student practicums. Four computer labs, six classrooms, student lockers and changing areas, and work and office space will also be included.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19