MSS to build new retirement community on Coast
Published: March 8,2011
GULFPORT — Methodist Senior Services of Tupelo is preparing to break ground for its latest addition, Seashore Highlands.
The new construction will be a retirement community in Gulfport, and replaces the Seashore Retirement Community that MSS previously owned and operated on Beach Boulevard in Biloxi prior to Hurricane Katrina.
The new retirement community will be located just east of First Baptist Church of Gulfport off Highway 605.
The cost of construction was not disclosed.
Phase I construction will include: The Villas at Seashore Highlands, which are independent living duplex units; The Cove at Seashore Highlands, which will be a 50-room assisted living center; and, The Green House Home at Seashore Highlands, which will be a 10-room unit that will house elders with special needs.
A ground-breaking ceremony will be held March 15 beginning at 10:30 a.m.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter