MSS to build new retirement community on Coast
Published: March 8,2011
GULFPORT — Methodist Senior Services of Tupelo is preparing to break ground for its latest addition, Seashore Highlands.
The new construction will be a retirement community in Gulfport, and replaces the Seashore Retirement Community that MSS previously owned and operated on Beach Boulevard in Biloxi prior to Hurricane Katrina.
The new retirement community will be located just east of First Baptist Church of Gulfport off Highway 605.
The cost of construction was not disclosed.
Phase I construction will include: The Villas at Seashore Highlands, which are independent living duplex units; The Cove at Seashore Highlands, which will be a 50-room assisted living center; and, The Green House Home at Seashore Highlands, which will be a 10-room unit that will house elders with special needs.
A ground-breaking ceremony will be held March 15 beginning at 10:30 a.m.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators