MSS to build new retirement community on Coast
by Wally Northway
Published: March 8,2011
GULFPORT — Methodist Senior Services of Tupelo is preparing to break ground for its latest addition, Seashore Highlands.
The new construction will be a retirement community in Gulfport, and replaces the Seashore Retirement Community that MSS previously owned and operated on Beach Boulevard in Biloxi prior to Hurricane Katrina.
The new retirement community will be located just east of First Baptist Church of Gulfport off Highway 605.
The cost of construction was not disclosed.
Phase I construction will include: The Villas at Seashore Highlands, which are independent living duplex units; The Cove at Seashore Highlands, which will be a 50-room assisted living center; and, The Green House Home at Seashore Highlands, which will be a 10-room unit that will house elders with special needs.
A ground-breaking ceremony will be held March 15 beginning at 10:30 a.m.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip