MSS to build new retirement community on Coast
Published: March 8,2011
GULFPORT — Methodist Senior Services of Tupelo is preparing to break ground for its latest addition, Seashore Highlands.
The new construction will be a retirement community in Gulfport, and replaces the Seashore Retirement Community that MSS previously owned and operated on Beach Boulevard in Biloxi prior to Hurricane Katrina.
The new retirement community will be located just east of First Baptist Church of Gulfport off Highway 605.
The cost of construction was not disclosed.
Phase I construction will include: The Villas at Seashore Highlands, which are independent living duplex units; The Cove at Seashore Highlands, which will be a 50-room assisted living center; and, The Green House Home at Seashore Highlands, which will be a 10-room unit that will house elders with special needs.
A ground-breaking ceremony will be held March 15 beginning at 10:30 a.m.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production