MSS to build new retirement community on Coast
by Wally Northway
Published: March 8,2011
GULFPORT — Methodist Senior Services of Tupelo is preparing to break ground for its latest addition, Seashore Highlands.
The new construction will be a retirement community in Gulfport, and replaces the Seashore Retirement Community that MSS previously owned and operated on Beach Boulevard in Biloxi prior to Hurricane Katrina.
The new retirement community will be located just east of First Baptist Church of Gulfport off Highway 605.
The cost of construction was not disclosed.
Phase I construction will include: The Villas at Seashore Highlands, which are independent living duplex units; The Cove at Seashore Highlands, which will be a 50-room assisted living center; and, The Green House Home at Seashore Highlands, which will be a 10-room unit that will house elders with special needs.
A ground-breaking ceremony will be held March 15 beginning at 10:30 a.m.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015