City council affirms Nichols as economic development director
GULFPORT — Planning consultant David Nichols has been confirmed as urban and economic development director by the Gulfport City Council.
Nichols was picked by Mayor George Schloegel to fill the position that combines several responsibilities. The council unanimously approved the appointment on yesterday.
Nichols formerly served as chief administrative officer for Gulfport and held the same post in Biloxi.
“First thing we’re going to do is get us an inventory of all the vacant properties in the commercial zoning district, inventory of downtown buildings that are vacant, and we’re going to determine what we have, what are our resources, and we’re going to start marking those resources,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones