City council affirms Nichols as economic development director
GULFPORT — Planning consultant David Nichols has been confirmed as urban and economic development director by the Gulfport City Council.
Nichols was picked by Mayor George Schloegel to fill the position that combines several responsibilities. The council unanimously approved the appointment on yesterday.
Nichols formerly served as chief administrative officer for Gulfport and held the same post in Biloxi.
“First thing we’re going to do is get us an inventory of all the vacant properties in the commercial zoning district, inventory of downtown buildings that are vacant, and we’re going to determine what we have, what are our resources, and we’re going to start marking those resources,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House