City council affirms Nichols as economic development director
GULFPORT — Planning consultant David Nichols has been confirmed as urban and economic development director by the Gulfport City Council.
Nichols was picked by Mayor George Schloegel to fill the position that combines several responsibilities. The council unanimously approved the appointment on yesterday.
Nichols formerly served as chief administrative officer for Gulfport and held the same post in Biloxi.
“First thing we’re going to do is get us an inventory of all the vacant properties in the commercial zoning district, inventory of downtown buildings that are vacant, and we’re going to determine what we have, what are our resources, and we’re going to start marking those resources,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money