City council affirms Nichols as economic development director
GULFPORT — Planning consultant David Nichols has been confirmed as urban and economic development director by the Gulfport City Council.
Nichols was picked by Mayor George Schloegel to fill the position that combines several responsibilities. The council unanimously approved the appointment on yesterday.
Nichols formerly served as chief administrative officer for Gulfport and held the same post in Biloxi.
“First thing we’re going to do is get us an inventory of all the vacant properties in the commercial zoning district, inventory of downtown buildings that are vacant, and we’re going to determine what we have, what are our resources, and we’re going to start marking those resources,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)