Delta housing program director’s trial postponed
The Delta Democrat Times reports the trial for South Delta Regional Housing Authority director Ann Jefferson was rescheduled from April 4 at the request of her attorney.
Jefferson has pleaded not guilty.
An indictment alleges Jefferson retaliated against two employees and a woman who bought a house from SDRHA after she found out the individuals had been cooperating with federal investigators looking into alleged crimes committed by Jefferson and others. The court records did not say what the alleged crimes were.
SDRHA operates in Bolivar, Humphreys, Sunflower, Issaquena, Sharkey and Washington counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center