Delta housing program director’s trial postponed
The Delta Democrat Times reports the trial for South Delta Regional Housing Authority director Ann Jefferson was rescheduled from April 4 at the request of her attorney.
Jefferson has pleaded not guilty.
An indictment alleges Jefferson retaliated against two employees and a woman who bought a house from SDRHA after she found out the individuals had been cooperating with federal investigators looking into alleged crimes committed by Jefferson and others. The court records did not say what the alleged crimes were.
SDRHA operates in Bolivar, Humphreys, Sunflower, Issaquena, Sharkey and Washington counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up