Delta housing program director’s trial postponed
The Delta Democrat Times reports the trial for South Delta Regional Housing Authority director Ann Jefferson was rescheduled from April 4 at the request of her attorney.
Jefferson has pleaded not guilty.
An indictment alleges Jefferson retaliated against two employees and a woman who bought a house from SDRHA after she found out the individuals had been cooperating with federal investigators looking into alleged crimes committed by Jefferson and others. The court records did not say what the alleged crimes were.
SDRHA operates in Bolivar, Humphreys, Sunflower, Issaquena, Sharkey and Washington counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation