Delta housing program director’s trial postponed
The Delta Democrat Times reports the trial for South Delta Regional Housing Authority director Ann Jefferson was rescheduled from April 4 at the request of her attorney.
Jefferson has pleaded not guilty.
An indictment alleges Jefferson retaliated against two employees and a woman who bought a house from SDRHA after she found out the individuals had been cooperating with federal investigators looking into alleged crimes committed by Jefferson and others. The court records did not say what the alleged crimes were.
SDRHA operates in Bolivar, Humphreys, Sunflower, Issaquena, Sharkey and Washington counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss