Delta housing program director’s trial postponed
The Delta Democrat Times reports the trial for South Delta Regional Housing Authority director Ann Jefferson was rescheduled from April 4 at the request of her attorney.
Jefferson has pleaded not guilty.
An indictment alleges Jefferson retaliated against two employees and a woman who bought a house from SDRHA after she found out the individuals had been cooperating with federal investigators looking into alleged crimes committed by Jefferson and others. The court records did not say what the alleged crimes were.
SDRHA operates in Bolivar, Humphreys, Sunflower, Issaquena, Sharkey and Washington counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi