KiOR signs offtake agreement with Alabama company
COLUMBUS — KiOR Inc. has signed an offtake agreement with Hunt Refining Company, who has agreed to purchase renewable gasoline and diesel blendstocks and fuel oil produced at KiOR’s first commercial facility to be located in Columbus. Terms were not disclosed.
In addition to the offtake of renewable fuel blendstocks, the two companies have agreed to collaborate on information and resources aimed at optimizing the performance of their products and services. The agreement requires the parties mutually to determine fuel product specifications and contains other terms and conditions.
“Today’s announcement is an important milestone for the development of our commercial facilities in Mississippi, and furthers KiOR’s progress towards the commercialization of gasoline and diesel blendstocks from renewable crude,” said Fred Cannon, president and CEO of Pasadena, Texas-based KiOR. “We’re excited to partner with Hunt to bring our renewable fuels to market and begin reducing the country’s dependence on foreign oil while creating quality jobs and economic development throughout the State of Mississippi.”
“The offtake of KiOR’s renewable gasoline and diesel blendstocks will help us to meet the needs of the nation’s Renewable Fuel Standard,” said Shanmuk Sharma, president of Hunt Refining Company, which is headquartered in Tuscaloosa, Ala. “We’re excited to be working alongside KiOR to help make a meaningful and near-term contribution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions and providing a boost to rural economies.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending