Brown named museum leader
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2011
The B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center has a new executive director. Dion Brown has been hired after a seven-month search. Connie Gibbons had been executive director of the museum.
The 46-year-old Brown is an Illinois native who comes to the Delta museum from Wichita, Kan., where he’s been COO at Exploration Place, a hands-on science and children’s museum.
Brown says he’s looking forward to learning more about the region’s history and working with the community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials