Brown named museum leader
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2011
The B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center has a new executive director. Dion Brown has been hired after a seven-month search. Connie Gibbons had been executive director of the museum.
The 46-year-old Brown is an Illinois native who comes to the Delta museum from Wichita, Kan., where he’s been COO at Exploration Place, a hands-on science and children’s museum.
Brown says he’s looking forward to learning more about the region’s history and working with the community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center