Brown named museum leader
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2011
The B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center has a new executive director. Dion Brown has been hired after a seven-month search. Connie Gibbons had been executive director of the museum.
The 46-year-old Brown is an Illinois native who comes to the Delta museum from Wichita, Kan., where he’s been COO at Exploration Place, a hands-on science and children’s museum.
Brown says he’s looking forward to learning more about the region’s history and working with the community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections