Brown named museum leader
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2011
The B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center has a new executive director. Dion Brown has been hired after a seven-month search. Connie Gibbons had been executive director of the museum.
The 46-year-old Brown is an Illinois native who comes to the Delta museum from Wichita, Kan., where he’s been COO at Exploration Place, a hands-on science and children’s museum.
Brown says he’s looking forward to learning more about the region’s history and working with the community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran