Hughes appointed dean at MC
Bringing two decades of higher education experience, Mark Hughes is the new dean of enrollment services at Mississippi College.
He’s worked as vice president for enrollment management at Gardner-Webb University in North Carolina and as associate vice president/dean of enrollment services at Anderson University in South Carolina.
At MC, responsibilities for Hughes include recruitment, admissions and financial aid.
Hughes received two degrees from Clemson University: a bachelor’s in administrative management; and, a master’s in human resource development. He also earned an associate’s degree from Anderson University.
While at Anderson University, he was responsible for helping the institution to increase its freshman class size, increase the academic profile of entering students and increase freshman retention rates to record levels. He began working at Anderson in 1988 and spent most of his career there before joining Gardner-Webb.
Hughes has served as a senior consultant in enrollment management to a number of schools, including Carson-Newman College, Mississippi College, Howard Payne University, University of the Ozarks and Gardner-Webb. He’s consulted for MC twice over the last seven years.
Hughes and his wife, Sonja, have four daughters, Jennifer, Ashley, Lindsey and Hannah.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow