Hughes appointed dean at MC
Bringing two decades of higher education experience, Mark Hughes is the new dean of enrollment services at Mississippi College.
He’s worked as vice president for enrollment management at Gardner-Webb University in North Carolina and as associate vice president/dean of enrollment services at Anderson University in South Carolina.
At MC, responsibilities for Hughes include recruitment, admissions and financial aid.
Hughes received two degrees from Clemson University: a bachelor’s in administrative management; and, a master’s in human resource development. He also earned an associate’s degree from Anderson University.
While at Anderson University, he was responsible for helping the institution to increase its freshman class size, increase the academic profile of entering students and increase freshman retention rates to record levels. He began working at Anderson in 1988 and spent most of his career there before joining Gardner-Webb.
Hughes has served as a senior consultant in enrollment management to a number of schools, including Carson-Newman College, Mississippi College, Howard Payne University, University of the Ozarks and Gardner-Webb. He’s consulted for MC twice over the last seven years.
Hughes and his wife, Sonja, have four daughters, Jennifer, Ashley, Lindsey and Hannah.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil