Hughes appointed dean at MC
Bringing two decades of higher education experience, Mark Hughes is the new dean of enrollment services at Mississippi College.
He’s worked as vice president for enrollment management at Gardner-Webb University in North Carolina and as associate vice president/dean of enrollment services at Anderson University in South Carolina.
At MC, responsibilities for Hughes include recruitment, admissions and financial aid.
Hughes received two degrees from Clemson University: a bachelor’s in administrative management; and, a master’s in human resource development. He also earned an associate’s degree from Anderson University.
While at Anderson University, he was responsible for helping the institution to increase its freshman class size, increase the academic profile of entering students and increase freshman retention rates to record levels. He began working at Anderson in 1988 and spent most of his career there before joining Gardner-Webb.
Hughes has served as a senior consultant in enrollment management to a number of schools, including Carson-Newman College, Mississippi College, Howard Payne University, University of the Ozarks and Gardner-Webb. He’s consulted for MC twice over the last seven years.
Hughes and his wife, Sonja, have four daughters, Jennifer, Ashley, Lindsey and Hannah.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Supervisors to talk about rising costs, dwindling budget