Supreme Court upholds ruling on city’s annexation
The Supreme Court March 10 also upheld Chancellor Percy Lynchard’s decision denying a request from the town of Walls to annex about four square miles to its north and west — most of which Horn Lake also wanted.
Lynchard ruled in 2009 that neither proposed annexation was reasonable.
Lynchard said neither city showed it could adequately provide public services in the areas they wanted to annex. He said both cities had struggled to provide services in previously annexed areas.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics