Supreme Court upholds ruling on city’s annexation
The Supreme Court March 10 also upheld Chancellor Percy Lynchard’s decision denying a request from the town of Walls to annex about four square miles to its north and west — most of which Horn Lake also wanted.
Lynchard ruled in 2009 that neither proposed annexation was reasonable.
Lynchard said neither city showed it could adequately provide public services in the areas they wanted to annex. He said both cities had struggled to provide services in previously annexed areas.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium