Supreme Court upholds ruling on city’s annexation
The Supreme Court March 10 also upheld Chancellor Percy Lynchard’s decision denying a request from the town of Walls to annex about four square miles to its north and west — most of which Horn Lake also wanted.
Lynchard ruled in 2009 that neither proposed annexation was reasonable.
Lynchard said neither city showed it could adequately provide public services in the areas they wanted to annex. He said both cities had struggled to provide services in previously annexed areas.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years