Supreme Court upholds ruling on city’s annexation
The Supreme Court March 10 also upheld Chancellor Percy Lynchard’s decision denying a request from the town of Walls to annex about four square miles to its north and west — most of which Horn Lake also wanted.
Lynchard ruled in 2009 that neither proposed annexation was reasonable.
Lynchard said neither city showed it could adequately provide public services in the areas they wanted to annex. He said both cities had struggled to provide services in previously annexed areas.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game