Supreme Court upholds ruling on city’s annexation
The Supreme Court March 10 also upheld Chancellor Percy Lynchard’s decision denying a request from the town of Walls to annex about four square miles to its north and west — most of which Horn Lake also wanted.
Lynchard ruled in 2009 that neither proposed annexation was reasonable.
Lynchard said neither city showed it could adequately provide public services in the areas they wanted to annex. He said both cities had struggled to provide services in previously annexed areas.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO