Business-education partnerships receive awards
by For the MBJ
Published: March 14,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Association of Partners in Education (MAPE) will recognize Mississippi’s top school-community partnerships during the Governor’s Awards luncheon March 23 at the Jackson Marriott Downtown.
The luncheon is part of activities planned for the 26th annual State Conference on March 22-23, which will be co-hosted for the first time this year by MAPE and the Program of Research and Evaluation for Public Schools Inc. (PREPS).
Recipients of 2011 Governor’s Awards and the MAPE Board of Directors Partnership Excellence Awards will be recognized during the luncheon March 23. Winners of PREPS Value Added Awards will also be recognized.
Governor’s Awards recipients are:
• Amory — Amory School District and Gilmore Foundation
• Boyle — B.L. Bell Academy and Delta State University Healthy Campus/Community Initiative “Fit-Tastic Fridays”
• Cleveland — Cleveland School District and Delta State University College of Education, Division of Health, Physical Education and Recreation Project PEAK (Physical Education and Active Lifestyle for Kids)
• Hattiesburg — N.R. Burger Middle School Parent Student Teacher Association, Target and Dollar General for “Reading Through the Arts”
• Jackson — Brown Elementary and Millsaps College for 100% Adopt-A-Class Program
Partnership Excellence Award recipients are as follow:
• Amory — Amory School District and Dalrymple Family Foundation; Amory School District and Quality Education Foundation
• Clinton — Clinton School District and Baptist Healthplex, Mississippi College, Clinton News, WLBT-3 and multiple donors and sponsors for “Arrow Meltdown”
• Columbus — Franklin Academy Medical Sciences & Wellness Magnet School and Frank P. Phillips YMCA
• Hattiesburg — Thames Elementary and The Association for the Rights of Citizens with Disabilities (The Arc of Forrest County); Woodley Elementary and Parkway Heights United Methodist Church
• Jackson — Boyd Elementary and Fondren Renaissance Foundation and additional partners for “Come Hang with Us” art project; George Elementary, Fondren Presbyterian Church, Colonial Heights Baptist Church and Hinds County Sheriff’s Department for “One Call That’s All”; John Hopkins Elementary and Dayspring Community Church; Johnson Elementary and Jackson Roadmap to Health Equity; Power APAC and Watkins Ludlum Winter & Stennis for “Partnership of Power”; Watkins Elementary Playground Project — Southern Farm Bureau, Eaton, Junior League of Greater Jackson, Community Foundation of Greater Jackson, Home Depot, Entergy and others
Also during the ceremony, MAPE will honor BankPlus with the Governor’s Honor Roll award, which recognizes recipients for supporting multiple community partnerships.
Source: Mississippi Association of Partners in Education
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line