Hinds County “Defiant… Unresponsive”
by Stephen McDill
Published: March 14,2011
JACKSON- Mississippi Center for Public Policy president Forest Thigpen explains his new project SeeTheSpending.org, a website that tracks hundreds of budgets in state and county government. He says that while most of Mississippi’s 82 counties have responded to public records requests, he’s still waiting to hear from Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award