Majestic Star’s reorganization plan approved
TUNICA — The Majestic Star Casino, LLC, and certain of its subsidiaries and affiliates have received confirmation of its second amended joint plan of reorganization from the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
The company said the court’s ruling and entry of a confirmation order following a hearing held on March 10 allows Majestic Star, which owns and operates Fitzgeralds Casino Hotel-Tunica, to implement a capital restructuring that reduces the company’s long-term debt from approximately $735 million to approximately $160 million.
“While the company still has some important steps to take before it officially emerges from Chapter 11, this is a significant milestone for Majestic Star,” said Don H. Barden, Majestic Star chairman, president and CEO.
Source: Majestic Star Casino, LLC
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager