Majestic Star’s reorganization plan approved
TUNICA — The Majestic Star Casino, LLC, and certain of its subsidiaries and affiliates have received confirmation of its second amended joint plan of reorganization from the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
The company said the court’s ruling and entry of a confirmation order following a hearing held on March 10 allows Majestic Star, which owns and operates Fitzgeralds Casino Hotel-Tunica, to implement a capital restructuring that reduces the company’s long-term debt from approximately $735 million to approximately $160 million.
“While the company still has some important steps to take before it officially emerges from Chapter 11, this is a significant milestone for Majestic Star,” said Don H. Barden, Majestic Star chairman, president and CEO.
Source: Majestic Star Casino, LLC
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program