Majestic Star’s reorganization plan approved
TUNICA — The Majestic Star Casino, LLC, and certain of its subsidiaries and affiliates have received confirmation of its second amended joint plan of reorganization from the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
The company said the court’s ruling and entry of a confirmation order following a hearing held on March 10 allows Majestic Star, which owns and operates Fitzgeralds Casino Hotel-Tunica, to implement a capital restructuring that reduces the company’s long-term debt from approximately $735 million to approximately $160 million.
“While the company still has some important steps to take before it officially emerges from Chapter 11, this is a significant milestone for Majestic Star,” said Don H. Barden, Majestic Star chairman, president and CEO.
Source: Majestic Star Casino, LLC
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force