Majestic Star’s reorganization plan approved
TUNICA — The Majestic Star Casino, LLC, and certain of its subsidiaries and affiliates have received confirmation of its second amended joint plan of reorganization from the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
The company said the court’s ruling and entry of a confirmation order following a hearing held on March 10 allows Majestic Star, which owns and operates Fitzgeralds Casino Hotel-Tunica, to implement a capital restructuring that reduces the company’s long-term debt from approximately $735 million to approximately $160 million.
“While the company still has some important steps to take before it officially emerges from Chapter 11, this is a significant milestone for Majestic Star,” said Don H. Barden, Majestic Star chairman, president and CEO.
Source: Majestic Star Casino, LLC
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges