Majestic Star’s reorganization plan approved
TUNICA — The Majestic Star Casino, LLC, and certain of its subsidiaries and affiliates have received confirmation of its second amended joint plan of reorganization from the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
The company said the court’s ruling and entry of a confirmation order following a hearing held on March 10 allows Majestic Star, which owns and operates Fitzgeralds Casino Hotel-Tunica, to implement a capital restructuring that reduces the company’s long-term debt from approximately $735 million to approximately $160 million.
“While the company still has some important steps to take before it officially emerges from Chapter 11, this is a significant milestone for Majestic Star,” said Don H. Barden, Majestic Star chairman, president and CEO.
Source: Majestic Star Casino, LLC
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment