Furniture makers allege price-fixing scheme
ABERDEEN — Five North Mississippi furniture manufactures have sued over what they claim was a price-fixing conspiracy involving foam products.
The lawsuit was filed March 11 in U.S. District Court in Aberdeen. The plaintiffs are H.M. Richard Inc., Foamco Sales Inc., Prime Designs Inc., Legends Inc. and Houston Foam Fabricators Inc.
The lawsuit, which gives only one side of the legal argument, contends the FBI uncovered the conspiracy when it raided offices of some of the defendants last summer.
The raids, they alleged, were in connection with a “multi-jurisdiction investigation into the pricing practices of polyurethane foam products.”
The defendants are 11 suppliers of foam products used in furniture manufacturing. They are located throughout the country.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public