Reeves supports Budget Committee’s decision
JACKSON — State Treasurer Tate Reeves has released a statement in support of recent action by the Joint Legislative Budget Committee.
Reeves wrote: “Today, the Joint Legislative Budget Committee adopted the Revenue Estimating Committee’s revisions from its November estimate — a 0.9 percent increase for FY 2011 and a 1.4 percent increase for FY2012.
“With the economy still recovering, the Revenue Estimating Committee was extremely cautious when forecasting our revisions. I applaud our conservative approach considering the uncertainty of gas prices, unsteady housing market and other economic trends.
“I hope the Legislature and the governor work to craft a budget over the next few weeks that is equally cautious and conservative. The taxpayers deserve no less.”
Source: State Treasurer’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy