Reeves supports Budget Committee’s decision
JACKSON — State Treasurer Tate Reeves has released a statement in support of recent action by the Joint Legislative Budget Committee.
Reeves wrote: “Today, the Joint Legislative Budget Committee adopted the Revenue Estimating Committee’s revisions from its November estimate — a 0.9 percent increase for FY 2011 and a 1.4 percent increase for FY2012.
“With the economy still recovering, the Revenue Estimating Committee was extremely cautious when forecasting our revisions. I applaud our conservative approach considering the uncertainty of gas prices, unsteady housing market and other economic trends.
“I hope the Legislature and the governor work to craft a budget over the next few weeks that is equally cautious and conservative. The taxpayers deserve no less.”
Source: State Treasurer’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics