Reeves supports Budget Committee’s decision
JACKSON — State Treasurer Tate Reeves has released a statement in support of recent action by the Joint Legislative Budget Committee.
Reeves wrote: “Today, the Joint Legislative Budget Committee adopted the Revenue Estimating Committee’s revisions from its November estimate — a 0.9 percent increase for FY 2011 and a 1.4 percent increase for FY2012.
“With the economy still recovering, the Revenue Estimating Committee was extremely cautious when forecasting our revisions. I applaud our conservative approach considering the uncertainty of gas prices, unsteady housing market and other economic trends.
“I hope the Legislature and the governor work to craft a budget over the next few weeks that is equally cautious and conservative. The taxpayers deserve no less.”
Source: State Treasurer’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast