Reeves supports Budget Committee’s decision
JACKSON — State Treasurer Tate Reeves has released a statement in support of recent action by the Joint Legislative Budget Committee.
Reeves wrote: “Today, the Joint Legislative Budget Committee adopted the Revenue Estimating Committee’s revisions from its November estimate — a 0.9 percent increase for FY 2011 and a 1.4 percent increase for FY2012.
“With the economy still recovering, the Revenue Estimating Committee was extremely cautious when forecasting our revisions. I applaud our conservative approach considering the uncertainty of gas prices, unsteady housing market and other economic trends.
“I hope the Legislature and the governor work to craft a budget over the next few weeks that is equally cautious and conservative. The taxpayers deserve no less.”
Source: State Treasurer’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him