Reeves supports Budget Committee’s decision
JACKSON — State Treasurer Tate Reeves has released a statement in support of recent action by the Joint Legislative Budget Committee.
Reeves wrote: “Today, the Joint Legislative Budget Committee adopted the Revenue Estimating Committee’s revisions from its November estimate — a 0.9 percent increase for FY 2011 and a 1.4 percent increase for FY2012.
“With the economy still recovering, the Revenue Estimating Committee was extremely cautious when forecasting our revisions. I applaud our conservative approach considering the uncertainty of gas prices, unsteady housing market and other economic trends.
“I hope the Legislature and the governor work to craft a budget over the next few weeks that is equally cautious and conservative. The taxpayers deserve no less.”
Source: State Treasurer’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)