Entergy Nuclear names management team
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
The retirement of a national leader in nuclear development is initiating key organizational changes within Entergy Nuclear. Randy Douet, current site vice president at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station near Port Gibson, will move to Entergy Nuclear’s headquarters in Jackson to lead Entergy’s nuclear business development function as nuclear renaissance pioneer Kenneth Hughey steps down.
Mike Perito, vice president at River Bend Station in St. Francisville, La., will become Grand Gulf’s vice president, with Eric Olson, current River Bend general manager, stepping in as River Bend’s vice president.
An acting general manager will be named at a later date to fill the position vacated by Olson.
Douet became vice president of Grand Gulf in March 2008. From 2004 until that time, he worked with the Tennessee Valley Authority. Previously, Douet served Entergy Nuclear in a variety of roles at Arkansas Nuclear One, River Bend and Waterford 3. He worked as Waterford 3′s operations manager from 2000-2002, when he was promoted to plant manager.
Perito came to River Bend Station in Jan. 2008, bringing 29 years of nuclear generation experience and playing a key role together with Olsen in the station’s performance turnaround success. Initially a mechanical engineer with the Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Perito began work with Boston Edison Company in 1985 as a system engineering manager before being promoted to assistant operations manager at Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station. He has held leadership positions at a fossil fuel plant, and at Quad Cities and Palo Verde nuclear stations.
Olson joined River Bend Station in 2007 as general manager of plant operations from Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station, where he started work in 1988 and served in various leadership roles, culminating in the operations manager’s position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Community Bank names new officers
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County