Entergy Nuclear names management team
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
The retirement of a national leader in nuclear development is initiating key organizational changes within Entergy Nuclear. Randy Douet, current site vice president at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station near Port Gibson, will move to Entergy Nuclear’s headquarters in Jackson to lead Entergy’s nuclear business development function as nuclear renaissance pioneer Kenneth Hughey steps down.
Mike Perito, vice president at River Bend Station in St. Francisville, La., will become Grand Gulf’s vice president, with Eric Olson, current River Bend general manager, stepping in as River Bend’s vice president.
An acting general manager will be named at a later date to fill the position vacated by Olson.
Douet became vice president of Grand Gulf in March 2008. From 2004 until that time, he worked with the Tennessee Valley Authority. Previously, Douet served Entergy Nuclear in a variety of roles at Arkansas Nuclear One, River Bend and Waterford 3. He worked as Waterford 3’s operations manager from 2000-2002, when he was promoted to plant manager.
Perito came to River Bend Station in Jan. 2008, bringing 29 years of nuclear generation experience and playing a key role together with Olsen in the station’s performance turnaround success. Initially a mechanical engineer with the Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Perito began work with Boston Edison Company in 1985 as a system engineering manager before being promoted to assistant operations manager at Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station. He has held leadership positions at a fossil fuel plant, and at Quad Cities and Palo Verde nuclear stations.
Olson joined River Bend Station in 2007 as general manager of plant operations from Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station, where he started work in 1988 and served in various leadership roles, culminating in the operations manager’s position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters