Fail presented lifetime achievement award
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
Joseph D. Fail, president of TEC, was recently honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Organization for the Promotion and Advancement of Small Telecommunications Companies (OPASTCO) during the organization’s annual convention in Miami, Fla. Fail is president and majority stockholder of TEC. He is president and chairman of the board of the majority of TEC’s subsidiary companies, which include 12 telecommunications companies in Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi.
Fail graduated from LSU with a bachelor of science in electrical engineering, and then started his career with the Bay Springs Telephone Company. He established the Joseph D. Fail Engineering Company, a telecommunications-consulting firm, and is a professionally licensed engineer in Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas.
Fail is active in the independent telephone industry as well as the electrical engineering profession. He is a past president and board member of the Alabama-Mississippi Independent Telephone Association and is a member of the National Society of Professional Engineers, Mississippi Engineering Society and the Association of Communication Engineers.
Fail supports education and community efforts across Mississippi and is a board member at William Carey University in Hattiesburg. He also founded and still presents Jazz in the Grove, an annual outdoor jazz festival held in his hometown of Bay Springs. Fail is a life-long member and has served as chairman of the deacons of Bay Springs Baptist Church, and is a board member for the Southern Baptist Convention’s Guidestone Financial Resources. He is also a member of the Bay Springs Chamber of Commerce and the Bay Springs Rotary Club.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind