MGCCC elects board officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
The 2011 officers for the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Board of Trustees have been named. The board officers elected to serve are: Jim Epting, chairperson, Jackson County; David Ford, first vice chairperson, Harrison County; James Whittington, second vice chairperson, George County; L.D. Stringfellow, secretary, Stone County; and, Susan Hunt, treasurer, Harrison County.
Epting, who is a retired public relations manager from Chevron Pascagoula, is also a Perkinston Junior College alumnus (1956-58) and a graduate of the University of Mississippi. He has served on the board since 2005 and also served as president of the MGCCC Jackson County Alumni Association.
Ford, retired director of marketing and sales for Mississippi Power, has been on the MGCCC board since 2007.
Whittington, a Scott Paper retiree, has served on the board since 2004.
Stringfellow, a resident of Wiggins, has served on the board since 2002.
Susan Hunt, retired executive director of the Biloxi Bay Chamber of Commerce, has served on the board since 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain