MGCCC elects board officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
The 2011 officers for the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Board of Trustees have been named. The board officers elected to serve are: Jim Epting, chairperson, Jackson County; David Ford, first vice chairperson, Harrison County; James Whittington, second vice chairperson, George County; L.D. Stringfellow, secretary, Stone County; and, Susan Hunt, treasurer, Harrison County.
Epting, who is a retired public relations manager from Chevron Pascagoula, is also a Perkinston Junior College alumnus (1956-58) and a graduate of the University of Mississippi. He has served on the board since 2005 and also served as president of the MGCCC Jackson County Alumni Association.
Ford, retired director of marketing and sales for Mississippi Power, has been on the MGCCC board since 2007.
Whittington, a Scott Paper retiree, has served on the board since 2004.
Stringfellow, a resident of Wiggins, has served on the board since 2002.
Susan Hunt, retired executive director of the Biloxi Bay Chamber of Commerce, has served on the board since 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Tennessee-based manufacturer sites plant in industrial park