MGCCC elects board officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
The 2011 officers for the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Board of Trustees have been named. The board officers elected to serve are: Jim Epting, chairperson, Jackson County; David Ford, first vice chairperson, Harrison County; James Whittington, second vice chairperson, George County; L.D. Stringfellow, secretary, Stone County; and, Susan Hunt, treasurer, Harrison County.
Epting, who is a retired public relations manager from Chevron Pascagoula, is also a Perkinston Junior College alumnus (1956-58) and a graduate of the University of Mississippi. He has served on the board since 2005 and also served as president of the MGCCC Jackson County Alumni Association.
Ford, retired director of marketing and sales for Mississippi Power, has been on the MGCCC board since 2007.
Whittington, a Scott Paper retiree, has served on the board since 2004.
Stringfellow, a resident of Wiggins, has served on the board since 2002.
Susan Hunt, retired executive director of the Biloxi Bay Chamber of Commerce, has served on the board since 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center