MGCCC elects board officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
The 2011 officers for the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Board of Trustees have been named. The board officers elected to serve are: Jim Epting, chairperson, Jackson County; David Ford, first vice chairperson, Harrison County; James Whittington, second vice chairperson, George County; L.D. Stringfellow, secretary, Stone County; and, Susan Hunt, treasurer, Harrison County.
Epting, who is a retired public relations manager from Chevron Pascagoula, is also a Perkinston Junior College alumnus (1956-58) and a graduate of the University of Mississippi. He has served on the board since 2005 and also served as president of the MGCCC Jackson County Alumni Association.
Ford, retired director of marketing and sales for Mississippi Power, has been on the MGCCC board since 2007.
Whittington, a Scott Paper retiree, has served on the board since 2004.
Stringfellow, a resident of Wiggins, has served on the board since 2002.
Susan Hunt, retired executive director of the Biloxi Bay Chamber of Commerce, has served on the board since 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast