SBA promotes Reed to manager
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
Gary K. Reed has been promoted to branch manager for the U. S. Small Business Administration’s Gulfport Branch Office. In this post, he will be responsible for the distribution and promotion of the agency’s economic development programs and counseling services to Mississippi’s 12 most southern counties.
Reed has been with the SBA since Aug. 1997, formally holding the title of business development specialist.
He is a graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi where he received a baccalaureate degree in business administration with a major in marketing.
Active in the community, Reed is a graduate of Leadership Gulf Coast, a recipient of the Gulfport Rotary Club’s Paul Harris Fellow received for his civic role in business and community development, a member of the Gulfport Business Club and a member and trustee of the Greater Mount Olive Baptist Church.
He and his wife, Shelia, reside in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015