SBA promotes Reed to manager
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
Gary K. Reed has been promoted to branch manager for the U. S. Small Business Administration’s Gulfport Branch Office. In this post, he will be responsible for the distribution and promotion of the agency’s economic development programs and counseling services to Mississippi’s 12 most southern counties.
Reed has been with the SBA since Aug. 1997, formally holding the title of business development specialist.
He is a graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi where he received a baccalaureate degree in business administration with a major in marketing.
Active in the community, Reed is a graduate of Leadership Gulf Coast, a recipient of the Gulfport Rotary Club’s Paul Harris Fellow received for his civic role in business and community development, a member of the Gulfport Business Club and a member and trustee of the Greater Mount Olive Baptist Church.
He and his wife, Shelia, reside in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency