SBA promotes Reed to manager
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
Gary K. Reed has been promoted to branch manager for the U. S. Small Business Administration’s Gulfport Branch Office. In this post, he will be responsible for the distribution and promotion of the agency’s economic development programs and counseling services to Mississippi’s 12 most southern counties.
Reed has been with the SBA since Aug. 1997, formally holding the title of business development specialist.
He is a graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi where he received a baccalaureate degree in business administration with a major in marketing.
Active in the community, Reed is a graduate of Leadership Gulf Coast, a recipient of the Gulfport Rotary Club’s Paul Harris Fellow received for his civic role in business and community development, a member of the Gulfport Business Club and a member and trustee of the Greater Mount Olive Baptist Church.
He and his wife, Shelia, reside in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts