SBA promotes Reed to manager
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
Gary K. Reed has been promoted to branch manager for the U. S. Small Business Administration’s Gulfport Branch Office. In this post, he will be responsible for the distribution and promotion of the agency’s economic development programs and counseling services to Mississippi’s 12 most southern counties.
Reed has been with the SBA since Aug. 1997, formally holding the title of business development specialist.
He is a graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi where he received a baccalaureate degree in business administration with a major in marketing.
Active in the community, Reed is a graduate of Leadership Gulf Coast, a recipient of the Gulfport Rotary Club’s Paul Harris Fellow received for his civic role in business and community development, a member of the Gulfport Business Club and a member and trustee of the Greater Mount Olive Baptist Church.
He and his wife, Shelia, reside in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us