SBA promotes Reed to manager
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2011
Gary K. Reed has been promoted to branch manager for the U. S. Small Business Administration’s Gulfport Branch Office. In this post, he will be responsible for the distribution and promotion of the agency’s economic development programs and counseling services to Mississippi’s 12 most southern counties.
Reed has been with the SBA since Aug. 1997, formally holding the title of business development specialist.
He is a graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi where he received a baccalaureate degree in business administration with a major in marketing.
Active in the community, Reed is a graduate of Leadership Gulf Coast, a recipient of the Gulfport Rotary Club’s Paul Harris Fellow received for his civic role in business and community development, a member of the Gulfport Business Club and a member and trustee of the Greater Mount Olive Baptist Church.
He and his wife, Shelia, reside in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love