ACS expanding in-state operations, adding jobs
by For the MBJ
Published: March 21,2011
RIDGELAND — Affiliated Computer Services Inc. (ACS), A Xerox Company, is expanding its operations in Ridgeland, creating 50 new permanent full-time jobs in the area, which is expected to rise to 200 in the next two years.
The jobs will support the Dallas-based company’s many healthcare clients across the country, including the Mississippi Division of Medicaid.
“We are expanding in Mississippi because the workforce is talented, competitive and has a great work ethic,” said Will Saunders, senior vice president and leader, ACS Government Healthcare Solutions. “ACS has had success in the state through its Medicaid support and it makes sense for us to tap deeper into the workforce.”
ACS will be recruiting for highly skilled IT professionals such as programmers, analysts, and developers, as well as healthcare professionals. Many of the positions allow employees to work from home, while others will work in the Ridgeland facility.
ACS is also serving Mississippi across a variety of industries including multiple commercial clients, financial services institutions and the state government. Combined, ACS and Xerox currently employ approximately 425 people across the state.
Source: Affiliated Computer Services Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap