ACS expanding in-state operations, adding jobs
by For the MBJ
Published: March 21,2011
RIDGELAND — Affiliated Computer Services Inc. (ACS), A Xerox Company, is expanding its operations in Ridgeland, creating 50 new permanent full-time jobs in the area, which is expected to rise to 200 in the next two years.
The jobs will support the Dallas-based company’s many healthcare clients across the country, including the Mississippi Division of Medicaid.
“We are expanding in Mississippi because the workforce is talented, competitive and has a great work ethic,” said Will Saunders, senior vice president and leader, ACS Government Healthcare Solutions. “ACS has had success in the state through its Medicaid support and it makes sense for us to tap deeper into the workforce.”
ACS will be recruiting for highly skilled IT professionals such as programmers, analysts, and developers, as well as healthcare professionals. Many of the positions allow employees to work from home, while others will work in the Ridgeland facility.
ACS is also serving Mississippi across a variety of industries including multiple commercial clients, financial services institutions and the state government. Combined, ACS and Xerox currently employ approximately 425 people across the state.
Source: Affiliated Computer Services Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast