ACS expanding in-state operations, adding jobs
by For the MBJ
Published: March 21,2011
RIDGELAND — Affiliated Computer Services Inc. (ACS), A Xerox Company, is expanding its operations in Ridgeland, creating 50 new permanent full-time jobs in the area, which is expected to rise to 200 in the next two years.
The jobs will support the Dallas-based company’s many healthcare clients across the country, including the Mississippi Division of Medicaid.
“We are expanding in Mississippi because the workforce is talented, competitive and has a great work ethic,” said Will Saunders, senior vice president and leader, ACS Government Healthcare Solutions. “ACS has had success in the state through its Medicaid support and it makes sense for us to tap deeper into the workforce.”
ACS will be recruiting for highly skilled IT professionals such as programmers, analysts, and developers, as well as healthcare professionals. Many of the positions allow employees to work from home, while others will work in the Ridgeland facility.
ACS is also serving Mississippi across a variety of industries including multiple commercial clients, financial services institutions and the state government. Combined, ACS and Xerox currently employ approximately 425 people across the state.
Source: Affiliated Computer Services Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K