ACS expanding in-state operations, adding jobs
by For the MBJ
Published: March 21,2011
RIDGELAND — Affiliated Computer Services Inc. (ACS), A Xerox Company, is expanding its operations in Ridgeland, creating 50 new permanent full-time jobs in the area, which is expected to rise to 200 in the next two years.
The jobs will support the Dallas-based company’s many healthcare clients across the country, including the Mississippi Division of Medicaid.
“We are expanding in Mississippi because the workforce is talented, competitive and has a great work ethic,” said Will Saunders, senior vice president and leader, ACS Government Healthcare Solutions. “ACS has had success in the state through its Medicaid support and it makes sense for us to tap deeper into the workforce.”
ACS will be recruiting for highly skilled IT professionals such as programmers, analysts, and developers, as well as healthcare professionals. Many of the positions allow employees to work from home, while others will work in the Ridgeland facility.
ACS is also serving Mississippi across a variety of industries including multiple commercial clients, financial services institutions and the state government. Combined, ACS and Xerox currently employ approximately 425 people across the state.
Source: Affiliated Computer Services Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal