Community college to build new facility
HCC vice president Jim Haffey says the school expects to break ground in late April. He says the building should be open in time for classes in the fall of 2012.
Haffey says the building will be located the Grenada Center’s main building and Grenada Lake Medical Center.
He says 75 percent of the funding is coming from Grenada County through existing millage rates. A portion of the cost is also being paid for by a $260,312 donation from Forward Grenada Inc., a local economic development group.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force