Hancock Holding to offer common stock
Published: March 21,2011
Gulfport, Miss.-based Hancock said today that it would use proceeds for general corporate purposes. Those include boosting its capital and buying preferred shares of Whitney Holding Corp.
Hancock has a $1.5-billion stock deal pending to acquire New Orleans-based Whitney. As part of the deal, Hancock tends to buy back the Whitney shares, which Whitney issued to the U.S. Treasury in exchange for $300 million as part of the government’s troubled asset relief program.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste