Hancock Holding to offer common stock
Published: March 21,2011
Gulfport, Miss.-based Hancock said today that it would use proceeds for general corporate purposes. Those include boosting its capital and buying preferred shares of Whitney Holding Corp.
Hancock has a $1.5-billion stock deal pending to acquire New Orleans-based Whitney. As part of the deal, Hancock tends to buy back the Whitney shares, which Whitney issued to the U.S. Treasury in exchange for $300 million as part of the government’s troubled asset relief program.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win