Hancock Holding to offer common stock
Published: March 21,2011
Gulfport, Miss.-based Hancock said today that it would use proceeds for general corporate purposes. Those include boosting its capital and buying preferred shares of Whitney Holding Corp.
Hancock has a $1.5-billion stock deal pending to acquire New Orleans-based Whitney. As part of the deal, Hancock tends to buy back the Whitney shares, which Whitney issued to the U.S. Treasury in exchange for $300 million as part of the government’s troubled asset relief program.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand