Hancock Holding to offer common stock
Published: March 21,2011
Gulfport, Miss.-based Hancock said today that it would use proceeds for general corporate purposes. Those include boosting its capital and buying preferred shares of Whitney Holding Corp.
Hancock has a $1.5-billion stock deal pending to acquire New Orleans-based Whitney. As part of the deal, Hancock tends to buy back the Whitney shares, which Whitney issued to the U.S. Treasury in exchange for $300 million as part of the government’s troubled asset relief program.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics