Hancock Holding to offer common stock
Published: March 21,2011
Gulfport, Miss.-based Hancock said today that it would use proceeds for general corporate purposes. Those include boosting its capital and buying preferred shares of Whitney Holding Corp.
Hancock has a $1.5-billion stock deal pending to acquire New Orleans-based Whitney. As part of the deal, Hancock tends to buy back the Whitney shares, which Whitney issued to the U.S. Treasury in exchange for $300 million as part of the government’s troubled asset relief program.
Source: The Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs