Memorial Hospital opening clinic in Wal-Mart
Memorial Physician Clinics, owned by Memorial Hospital, will operate The Clinic at Wal-Mart seven days a week.
Hospital CEO Gary Marchand tells The Sun Herald that Wal-Mart was specifically seeking a healthcare service provider to occupy space in the store.
Wal-Mart announced in 2007 that the company planned to contract with hospitals or other health care providers to open clinics in hundreds of selected stores.
Wal-Mart’s goals played into Memorial’s strategy after Hurricane Katrina, which Marchand said has been to follow the population where it resettles.
Memorial operates 35 clinics in Harrison and Hancock counties.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts