Memorial Hospital opening clinic in Wal-Mart
Memorial Physician Clinics, owned by Memorial Hospital, will operate The Clinic at Wal-Mart seven days a week.
Hospital CEO Gary Marchand tells The Sun Herald that Wal-Mart was specifically seeking a healthcare service provider to occupy space in the store.
Wal-Mart announced in 2007 that the company planned to contract with hospitals or other health care providers to open clinics in hundreds of selected stores.
Wal-Mart’s goals played into Memorial’s strategy after Hurricane Katrina, which Marchand said has been to follow the population where it resettles.
Memorial operates 35 clinics in Harrison and Hancock counties.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity