Memorial Hospital opening clinic in Wal-Mart
Memorial Physician Clinics, owned by Memorial Hospital, will operate The Clinic at Wal-Mart seven days a week.
Hospital CEO Gary Marchand tells The Sun Herald that Wal-Mart was specifically seeking a healthcare service provider to occupy space in the store.
Wal-Mart announced in 2007 that the company planned to contract with hospitals or other health care providers to open clinics in hundreds of selected stores.
Wal-Mart’s goals played into Memorial’s strategy after Hurricane Katrina, which Marchand said has been to follow the population where it resettles.
Memorial operates 35 clinics in Harrison and Hancock counties.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency