Memorial Hospital opening clinic in Wal-Mart
Memorial Physician Clinics, owned by Memorial Hospital, will operate The Clinic at Wal-Mart seven days a week.
Hospital CEO Gary Marchand tells The Sun Herald that Wal-Mart was specifically seeking a healthcare service provider to occupy space in the store.
Wal-Mart announced in 2007 that the company planned to contract with hospitals or other health care providers to open clinics in hundreds of selected stores.
Wal-Mart’s goals played into Memorial’s strategy after Hurricane Katrina, which Marchand said has been to follow the population where it resettles.
Memorial operates 35 clinics in Harrison and Hancock counties.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center