Memorial Hospital opening clinic in Wal-Mart
Memorial Physician Clinics, owned by Memorial Hospital, will operate The Clinic at Wal-Mart seven days a week.
Hospital CEO Gary Marchand tells The Sun Herald that Wal-Mart was specifically seeking a healthcare service provider to occupy space in the store.
Wal-Mart announced in 2007 that the company planned to contract with hospitals or other health care providers to open clinics in hundreds of selected stores.
Wal-Mart’s goals played into Memorial’s strategy after Hurricane Katrina, which Marchand said has been to follow the population where it resettles.
Memorial operates 35 clinics in Harrison and Hancock counties.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders