Louisiana company moving operations to Woodville
WOODVILLE — Officials from D.M.I. Pipe Fabrication, a full-service industrial contractor and pipe fabricator, announced the company is locating operations in Woodville. The Baton Rouge, La.-based company will be located in the warehouse portion of the former Fruit of the Loom facility.
The project represents a $100,000 investment by D.M.I. and will create 20 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
MDA provided assistance for infrastructure improvements and guidance to the company on available tax incentives, and the agency is assisting D.M.I. with its workforce training needs, as well. Wilkinson County and the Wilkinson County Industrial Development Authority also provided assistance to the company to help facilitate the project.
“There is a large amount of skilled and willing labor in Southwest Mississippi and a large amount of industrial expansion planned in Mississippi in which we hope to participate,” said D.M.I. president Scott Folse.
D.M.I., which employs 75 workers, offers civil, structural steel erection, equipment setting, conveyors, pipe fabrication and pipe erection. The company’s field services are typically provided in paper mills, alumina plants, coke facilities, fertilizer plants and refineries. D.M.I.’s customers include Exxon, Chevron, Siemens’ Energy and Southern Company.
Source: Mississippi Development Authority
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending