Blackwell appointed dean at USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2011
The University of Southern Mississippi has named Dr. Ann Parker Blackwell dean of its College of Education and Psychology, the position in which she served on an interim basis since 2009.
Blackwell joined the Southern Miss faculty in 1991. She is a professor and former chair in the Department of Child and Family Studies, and has also served the university through membership and as a leader in its Faculty Senate; Academic Council, Professional Education Council, Strategic Planning Committee, NCATE Oversight Committee and Graduate Council.
Blackwell has earned multiple honors in her career at the university, including: the 2001 University of Southern Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Award; the 2005 Aubrey Keith Lucas and Ella Ginn Lucas Endowment for Faculty Excellence Award; and, the 2007 Aubrey Keith Lucas and Ella Ginn Lucas University Excellence in Service Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release