Blackwell appointed dean at USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2011
The University of Southern Mississippi has named Dr. Ann Parker Blackwell dean of its College of Education and Psychology, the position in which she served on an interim basis since 2009.
Blackwell joined the Southern Miss faculty in 1991. She is a professor and former chair in the Department of Child and Family Studies, and has also served the university through membership and as a leader in its Faculty Senate; Academic Council, Professional Education Council, Strategic Planning Committee, NCATE Oversight Committee and Graduate Council.
Blackwell has earned multiple honors in her career at the university, including: the 2001 University of Southern Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Award; the 2005 Aubrey Keith Lucas and Ella Ginn Lucas Endowment for Faculty Excellence Award; and, the 2007 Aubrey Keith Lucas and Ella Ginn Lucas University Excellence in Service Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015