Blackwell appointed dean at USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2011
The University of Southern Mississippi has named Dr. Ann Parker Blackwell dean of its College of Education and Psychology, the position in which she served on an interim basis since 2009.
Blackwell joined the Southern Miss faculty in 1991. She is a professor and former chair in the Department of Child and Family Studies, and has also served the university through membership and as a leader in its Faculty Senate; Academic Council, Professional Education Council, Strategic Planning Committee, NCATE Oversight Committee and Graduate Council.
Blackwell has earned multiple honors in her career at the university, including: the 2001 University of Southern Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Award; the 2005 Aubrey Keith Lucas and Ella Ginn Lucas Endowment for Faculty Excellence Award; and, the 2007 Aubrey Keith Lucas and Ella Ginn Lucas University Excellence in Service Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow