Blackwell appointed dean at USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2011
The University of Southern Mississippi has named Dr. Ann Parker Blackwell dean of its College of Education and Psychology, the position in which she served on an interim basis since 2009.
Blackwell joined the Southern Miss faculty in 1991. She is a professor and former chair in the Department of Child and Family Studies, and has also served the university through membership and as a leader in its Faculty Senate; Academic Council, Professional Education Council, Strategic Planning Committee, NCATE Oversight Committee and Graduate Council.
Blackwell has earned multiple honors in her career at the university, including: the 2001 University of Southern Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Award; the 2005 Aubrey Keith Lucas and Ella Ginn Lucas Endowment for Faculty Excellence Award; and, the 2007 Aubrey Keith Lucas and Ella Ginn Lucas University Excellence in Service Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'