Gordon returns to HORNE
HORNE LLP has added James R. Gordon, CPA, as partner in the firm. With more than 20 years of comprehensive accounting experience in both public and private sectors, Gordon joins HORNE’s assurance practice. He previously served as partner at HORNE from 2004-2007 and was most recently senior executive vice president/chief financial officer at The South Financial Group Inc. in Greenville, S.C.
Gordon will provide assurance and advisory services including audits, merger and acquisitions, risk management/internal audit services, litigation support, and consulting to public and non-public enterprises.
Gordon received his bachelor’s degree in accountancy from the University of Mississippi. He is a graduate of the Paul W. Barret Jr. School of Banking and a frequent speaker on a variety of accounting and related topics.
He is a member of the American Society of Certified Public Accountants and serves on the Professional Advisory Council for the E.H. Patterson School of Accountancy at the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast