Lott honored by Legislature
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2011
Dr. Willis H. Lott, president of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, was recently presented a Concurrent Resolution by the Mississippi Legislature in appreciation of his 43 years of educational service, including 13 years as president of MGCCC.
Lott will retire from the college presidency June 30.
At the presentation, Lott was joined by his wife, Ethel, his children Shane Lott (Charlene) and Stacy Williams (James) as well as his five grandchildren — Ethan and Kirby Williams, Bryce, Sarah and Sophie Lott.
Named as the 11th president of Gulf Coast on August 1, 1998, Lott also served as the vice president of the Perkinston Campus, (1994-1998) and as the vice president for instructional affairs (1992-94).
Lott has been the recipient of numerous honors and awards, such as the 2010 Northrop Grumman Educational Leadership Award, 2007 ACCT Regional Chief Executive Officer Award, 2005 recipient of Phi Theta Kappa’s Shirley B. Gordon Award of Distinction, 2006 Citizen of the Year from the Stone County Economic Development Partnership, 2005 South Mississippi’s Outstanding Community Leader, 2005 member of Mississippi Governor’s Commission for Recovery, Rebuilding and Renewal, 2006 Administrator of the Year from the National Association of Educational Office Professionals, 2008-09 board chair of Federation of Humanities Council, 2004-2005 board chair of Mississippi Humanities, 2004-2005 Momentum Mississippi Workforce Education Team and 2001 president of the Mississippi Association of Colleges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal