Lott honored by Legislature
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2011
Dr. Willis H. Lott, president of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, was recently presented a Concurrent Resolution by the Mississippi Legislature in appreciation of his 43 years of educational service, including 13 years as president of MGCCC.
Lott will retire from the college presidency June 30.
At the presentation, Lott was joined by his wife, Ethel, his children Shane Lott (Charlene) and Stacy Williams (James) as well as his five grandchildren — Ethan and Kirby Williams, Bryce, Sarah and Sophie Lott.
Named as the 11th president of Gulf Coast on August 1, 1998, Lott also served as the vice president of the Perkinston Campus, (1994-1998) and as the vice president for instructional affairs (1992-94).
Lott has been the recipient of numerous honors and awards, such as the 2010 Northrop Grumman Educational Leadership Award, 2007 ACCT Regional Chief Executive Officer Award, 2005 recipient of Phi Theta Kappa’s Shirley B. Gordon Award of Distinction, 2006 Citizen of the Year from the Stone County Economic Development Partnership, 2005 South Mississippi’s Outstanding Community Leader, 2005 member of Mississippi Governor’s Commission for Recovery, Rebuilding and Renewal, 2006 Administrator of the Year from the National Association of Educational Office Professionals, 2008-09 board chair of Federation of Humanities Council, 2004-2005 board chair of Mississippi Humanities, 2004-2005 Momentum Mississippi Workforce Education Team and 2001 president of the Mississippi Association of Colleges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location