Small Business Spotlight: Complete Mobile Home Supply, Pearl
by Laura Smith
Published: March 27,2011
Becoming a ‘complete’ success
Mobile home supply is largest in state with an eye on higher goals
Customers walk into Complete Mobile Home Supply and, on many occasions, aren’t sure what they need.
“They make a lot of hand gestures,” said Jotham McCauley, director of e-commerce. “They say, ‘It’s about like this,’ and we have guys who have worked here for 20 years who know exactly what they’re talking about. They’re genius.”
A year ago, Complete Mobile Home Supply moved that expertise online, as well, hoping to serve manufactured housing residents across the country.
As the largest mobile home supply dealer in Mississippi, McCauley said the company’s goal is to become the No. 1 provider of mobile home accessories in the nation.
“And we think we’re on our way,” he said.
The website, which provides clear product images and detailed product information, went live nearly a year ago, and sales have increased monthly, McCauley said.
“It’s kind of like the snowball effect — it all starts with one snowflake. We’re getting more momentum everyday,” he said.
Complete Mobile Home Supply was founded in 1983 in Pearl on U.S. 80. The store serves a niche market because of the compact construction of mobile homes. Many replacement parts are unique to the homes; for instance, McCauley said doors are typically a little thinner than traditionally constructed houses, so most doorknobs sold at traditional hardware stores or big box stores don’t fit.
“The website allows people who live in rural Wyoming and don’t have a store like us for 300 miles to get as close as they can to having their product in their hands when it’s actually just a picture,” he said.
Additionally, McCauley said many of his customers are accustomed to a lower level of service.
“Our customers will call and after we’ve helped them, say they called another store and no one wanted to help,” he said. “There are a lot of negative connotations about mobile homes. Over the years, the quality of mobile home construction has improved, but the perception hasn’t. We want to provide a better service to people who are typically overlooked. There are millions of great people that should get this higher standard of products and services.”
Visit their website at www.CompleteMobileHomeSupply.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability