Net metering in Mississippi
Published: March 27,2011
New policies discussed for solar users
Net metering programs enable customers to generate their own electricity and receive retail prices, or in some cases, premiums over retail price for excess power. The Commission already has a rule in place regarding net metering, but uniform utility standards have not been created.
Additionally, in a letter to the Commission Entergy said it must address whether net metering is “being used to jump-start commercial enterprises that hope to sell higher priced electricity than the utility can provide to customers” and whether “other (non-net metering) customers (will) have to pay costs caused by or not paid by net metering customers.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur