Wilcox named CEEE director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2011
The University of Southern Mississippi has named James Wilcox director of its Center for Economic and Entrepreneurship Education (CEEE), which is housed in the university’s Department of Economic and Workforce Development.
During the past three years, Wilcox has helped advance various educational initiatives through Southern Miss including the Southern Entrepreneurship Program (SEP), a student-focused business development course that encourages its participants to put their education into practice.
Wilcox began his previous position with CEEE while pursuing his master’s degree in economic development. During that time, he taught certification courses for the Master Teacher of Economics program and promoted the Southern Entrepreneurship Program within Mississippi high schools.
Most recently, Wilcox has worked directly with CEEE in the capacity of assistant program coordinator and assisted Dr. Brent Hales with the center’s program development and operations. Wilcox replaces Hales, who has taken the role of interim chair of the Department of Economic and Workforce Development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19