Wilcox named CEEE director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2011
The University of Southern Mississippi has named James Wilcox director of its Center for Economic and Entrepreneurship Education (CEEE), which is housed in the university’s Department of Economic and Workforce Development.
During the past three years, Wilcox has helped advance various educational initiatives through Southern Miss including the Southern Entrepreneurship Program (SEP), a student-focused business development course that encourages its participants to put their education into practice.
Wilcox began his previous position with CEEE while pursuing his master’s degree in economic development. During that time, he taught certification courses for the Master Teacher of Economics program and promoted the Southern Entrepreneurship Program within Mississippi high schools.
Most recently, Wilcox has worked directly with CEEE in the capacity of assistant program coordinator and assisted Dr. Brent Hales with the center’s program development and operations. Wilcox replaces Hales, who has taken the role of interim chair of the Department of Economic and Workforce Development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain