Wilcox named CEEE director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2011
The University of Southern Mississippi has named James Wilcox director of its Center for Economic and Entrepreneurship Education (CEEE), which is housed in the university’s Department of Economic and Workforce Development.
During the past three years, Wilcox has helped advance various educational initiatives through Southern Miss including the Southern Entrepreneurship Program (SEP), a student-focused business development course that encourages its participants to put their education into practice.
Wilcox began his previous position with CEEE while pursuing his master’s degree in economic development. During that time, he taught certification courses for the Master Teacher of Economics program and promoted the Southern Entrepreneurship Program within Mississippi high schools.
Most recently, Wilcox has worked directly with CEEE in the capacity of assistant program coordinator and assisted Dr. Brent Hales with the center’s program development and operations. Wilcox replaces Hales, who has taken the role of interim chair of the Department of Economic and Workforce Development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson