Wilcox named CEEE director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2011
The University of Southern Mississippi has named James Wilcox director of its Center for Economic and Entrepreneurship Education (CEEE), which is housed in the university’s Department of Economic and Workforce Development.
During the past three years, Wilcox has helped advance various educational initiatives through Southern Miss including the Southern Entrepreneurship Program (SEP), a student-focused business development course that encourages its participants to put their education into practice.
Wilcox began his previous position with CEEE while pursuing his master’s degree in economic development. During that time, he taught certification courses for the Master Teacher of Economics program and promoted the Southern Entrepreneurship Program within Mississippi high schools.
Most recently, Wilcox has worked directly with CEEE in the capacity of assistant program coordinator and assisted Dr. Brent Hales with the center’s program development and operations. Wilcox replaces Hales, who has taken the role of interim chair of the Department of Economic and Workforce Development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate