Wilcox named CEEE director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2011
The University of Southern Mississippi has named James Wilcox director of its Center for Economic and Entrepreneurship Education (CEEE), which is housed in the university’s Department of Economic and Workforce Development.
During the past three years, Wilcox has helped advance various educational initiatives through Southern Miss including the Southern Entrepreneurship Program (SEP), a student-focused business development course that encourages its participants to put their education into practice.
Wilcox began his previous position with CEEE while pursuing his master’s degree in economic development. During that time, he taught certification courses for the Master Teacher of Economics program and promoted the Southern Entrepreneurship Program within Mississippi high schools.
Most recently, Wilcox has worked directly with CEEE in the capacity of assistant program coordinator and assisted Dr. Brent Hales with the center’s program development and operations. Wilcox replaces Hales, who has taken the role of interim chair of the Department of Economic and Workforce Development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics