Baptist-DeSoto’s Emergency Department elevated to Level III
Baptist DeSoto’s emergency department saw 55,757 patients last year. Of that total, 12,880 patients arrived by ambulance, and 395 were trauma arrivals.
One reason for the raised trauma designation is the residential growth of DeSoto County and surrounding areas. According to the state, in 1990 DeSoto County had 67,910 residents. Ten years later, the population grew 58 percent to 107,199. In 2007, there was a 39 percent growth to 148,568, and in 2012, the population is expected to grow another 15 percent to 172,226.
Source: Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Navy supercomputing power to grow
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release