Michel not seeking reelection to State Senate
Published: March 28,2011
JACKSON — State Sen. J. Walter Michel, a Republican from Jackson, says he’s not seeking re-election.
Michel says in a news release he wants to devote his attention to his commercial real estate business.
Michel’s district covers portions of Madison and Hinds counties. He’s been in the Senate since winning a special election in 1999.
Michel is chairman of the Senate Economic Development Committee and vice-chairman of the Senate Banking Committee. He says he may consider a future statewide election or a return to the Senate.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again