Michel not seeking reelection to State Senate
Published: March 28,2011
JACKSON — State Sen. J. Walter Michel, a Republican from Jackson, says he’s not seeking re-election.
Michel says in a news release he wants to devote his attention to his commercial real estate business.
Michel’s district covers portions of Madison and Hinds counties. He’s been in the Senate since winning a special election in 1999.
Michel is chairman of the Senate Economic Development Committee and vice-chairman of the Senate Banking Committee. He says he may consider a future statewide election or a return to the Senate.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force