Michel not seeking reelection to State Senate
Published: March 28,2011
JACKSON — State Sen. J. Walter Michel, a Republican from Jackson, says he’s not seeking re-election.
Michel says in a news release he wants to devote his attention to his commercial real estate business.
Michel’s district covers portions of Madison and Hinds counties. He’s been in the Senate since winning a special election in 1999.
Michel is chairman of the Senate Economic Development Committee and vice-chairman of the Senate Banking Committee. He says he may consider a future statewide election or a return to the Senate.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015