Michel not seeking reelection to State Senate
Published: March 28,2011
JACKSON — State Sen. J. Walter Michel, a Republican from Jackson, says he’s not seeking re-election.
Michel says in a news release he wants to devote his attention to his commercial real estate business.
Michel’s district covers portions of Madison and Hinds counties. He’s been in the Senate since winning a special election in 1999.
Michel is chairman of the Senate Economic Development Committee and vice-chairman of the Senate Banking Committee. He says he may consider a future statewide election or a return to the Senate.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending