Hunter Douglas plant again wins top safety award
TUPELO — For the fifth time in seven years the employees of Hunter Douglas in Tupelo will receive the company’s highest safety honor and award for best overall safety program in 2010.
Hurley Mitchell, president of Manufacturing Group, Hunter Douglas North America, will present the President’s Safety Award, which recognizes excellence in occupational safety and health, to the 130 employees at a special celebration to be held at the Tupelo plant March 29. The event will feature other Hunter Douglas executives, as well.
Thirty-nine of Hunter Douglas’ North American facilities were judged with criteria from the comprehensive E-SAFE (Environmental Safety Assessment Facility Evaluation).
Hunter Douglas is a manufacturer of custom-made window fashions in North America and has been in business over 60 years. Its North America manufacturing operation is based in New Jersey.
Source: Hunter Douglas
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete