Hunter Douglas plant again wins top safety award
TUPELO — For the fifth time in seven years the employees of Hunter Douglas in Tupelo will receive the company’s highest safety honor and award for best overall safety program in 2010.
Hurley Mitchell, president of Manufacturing Group, Hunter Douglas North America, will present the President’s Safety Award, which recognizes excellence in occupational safety and health, to the 130 employees at a special celebration to be held at the Tupelo plant March 29. The event will feature other Hunter Douglas executives, as well.
Thirty-nine of Hunter Douglas’ North American facilities were judged with criteria from the comprehensive E-SAFE (Environmental Safety Assessment Facility Evaluation).
Hunter Douglas is a manufacturer of custom-made window fashions in North America and has been in business over 60 years. Its North America manufacturing operation is based in New Jersey.
Source: Hunter Douglas
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life