Hunter Douglas plant again wins top safety award
TUPELO — For the fifth time in seven years the employees of Hunter Douglas in Tupelo will receive the company’s highest safety honor and award for best overall safety program in 2010.
Hurley Mitchell, president of Manufacturing Group, Hunter Douglas North America, will present the President’s Safety Award, which recognizes excellence in occupational safety and health, to the 130 employees at a special celebration to be held at the Tupelo plant March 29. The event will feature other Hunter Douglas executives, as well.
Thirty-nine of Hunter Douglas’ North American facilities were judged with criteria from the comprehensive E-SAFE (Environmental Safety Assessment Facility Evaluation).
Hunter Douglas is a manufacturer of custom-made window fashions in North America and has been in business over 60 years. Its North America manufacturing operation is based in New Jersey.
Source: Hunter Douglas
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities