Hunter Douglas plant again wins top safety award
TUPELO — For the fifth time in seven years the employees of Hunter Douglas in Tupelo will receive the company’s highest safety honor and award for best overall safety program in 2010.
Hurley Mitchell, president of Manufacturing Group, Hunter Douglas North America, will present the President’s Safety Award, which recognizes excellence in occupational safety and health, to the 130 employees at a special celebration to be held at the Tupelo plant March 29. The event will feature other Hunter Douglas executives, as well.
Thirty-nine of Hunter Douglas’ North American facilities were judged with criteria from the comprehensive E-SAFE (Environmental Safety Assessment Facility Evaluation).
Hunter Douglas is a manufacturer of custom-made window fashions in North America and has been in business over 60 years. Its North America manufacturing operation is based in New Jersey.
Source: Hunter Douglas
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data