State’s unemployment rate rises slightly
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Sluggish job growth remained the rule in Mississippi last month as the state’s unemployment rate jumped slightly.
The Department of Employment Security says that the state added 5,200 non-farm jobs in February — on a non-seasonally adjusted basis. Mississippi had 13,200 more jobs in February than in Feb. 2010, for a 1.2 percent growth rate.
The count from Jan. 2010 to 2011 rose by 13,000 jobs.
Mississippi’s seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate for February was 10.2 percent, up from 10.1 percent in January. The national unemployment rate for February was 8.9 percent, down from 9 percent in January.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders