Entergy Mississippi: Audits find proper practices, procedures
JACKSON — According to Entergy Mississippi Inc., two independent professional firms hired by the Mississippi Public Service Commission to assess the Jackson-based utility have found Entergy Mississippi’s practices and procedures related to fuel and energy procurement are sound, and there have been no improper charges by the company to its customers.
These are the fourth and fifth MPSC-commissioned, independent audits in recent years to reach this same conclusion. These inquiries into Entergy’s fuel purchase practices came after soaring natural gas prices on the world market led to a 28 percent increase in the average Entergy Mississippi residential bill in the summer of 2008.
“We’re pleased that all five of these independent, expert auditing firms have confirmed what we already know—that our 1,400 Mississippi employees work hard to bring reliable, affordable and safe electricity to our customers,” said Haley Fisackerly, CEO of Entergy Mississippi.
Liberty Consulting performed an operations audit, and its findings are consistent with two other commission-ordered audit reports by the McFadden Consulting Group and Vantage Consulting, Entergy Mississippi reports. Entergy Mississippi said the findings of all three firms support the company’s insistence that it purchases power and fuel at the lowest reasonable cost.
The CRI report is similar to an audit last year by HORNE LLP, an accounting and auditing firm, in that it was a financial audit of Entergy Mississippi’s fuel adjustment clause.
CRI concluded that there were no imprudent costs charged to customers through the fuel adjustment clause and that fuel and purchased power costs incurred by Entergy Mississippi during the audit period were properly recorded and flowed through the fuel clause.
Source: Entergy Mississippi
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters