MEMA receives reports of damage from storms
CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received preliminary reports from two counties for the severe weather system that moved through the state March 29-30.
The reports from the counties are as follows as of yesterday:
• Copiah — Sixteen roads are closed due to debris/flooding and 10 roads are closed due to damage.
• Simpson — Three homes are destroyed and 40 homes have received major or minor damage.
These are initial reports from county emergency managers. Additional damage assessments are underway. MEMA said it would continue to provide additional reports as information becomes available.
Source: Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines