MEMA receives reports of damage from storms
CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received preliminary reports from two counties for the severe weather system that moved through the state March 29-30.
The reports from the counties are as follows as of yesterday:
• Copiah — Sixteen roads are closed due to debris/flooding and 10 roads are closed due to damage.
• Simpson — Three homes are destroyed and 40 homes have received major or minor damage.
These are initial reports from county emergency managers. Additional damage assessments are underway. MEMA said it would continue to provide additional reports as information becomes available.
Source: Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State