MEMA receives reports of damage from storms
CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received preliminary reports from two counties for the severe weather system that moved through the state March 29-30.
The reports from the counties are as follows as of yesterday:
• Copiah — Sixteen roads are closed due to debris/flooding and 10 roads are closed due to damage.
• Simpson — Three homes are destroyed and 40 homes have received major or minor damage.
These are initial reports from county emergency managers. Additional damage assessments are underway. MEMA said it would continue to provide additional reports as information becomes available.
Source: Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue