MEMA receives reports of damage from storms
CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received preliminary reports from two counties for the severe weather system that moved through the state March 29-30.
The reports from the counties are as follows as of yesterday:
• Copiah — Sixteen roads are closed due to debris/flooding and 10 roads are closed due to damage.
• Simpson — Three homes are destroyed and 40 homes have received major or minor damage.
These are initial reports from county emergency managers. Additional damage assessments are underway. MEMA said it would continue to provide additional reports as information becomes available.
Source: Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections