Palazzo’s staffers depart, Janus takes leave of absence
D’IBERVILLE — D’Iberville City Manager Michael Janus has taken a leave of absence to take over temporarily as chief of staff for freshman U.S. Rep. Steven Palazzo.
The announcement came March 30 from Palazzo’s and Janus’ offices.
Palazzo, a Republican , announced Erskine Wells, his chief of staff, and Jonathan Samford, his press secretary, both left after three months to “to pursue other interests.” Palazzo gave no other explanation.
Janus and Palazzo were roommates while both served in the Mississippi House.
The D’Iberville City Council met yesterday and granted Janus a leave of absence.
Palazzo defeated longtime Democratic Rep. Gene Taylor in the November election.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau