Palazzo’s staffers depart, Janus takes leave of absence
D’IBERVILLE — D’Iberville City Manager Michael Janus has taken a leave of absence to take over temporarily as chief of staff for freshman U.S. Rep. Steven Palazzo.
The announcement came March 30 from Palazzo’s and Janus’ offices.
Palazzo, a Republican , announced Erskine Wells, his chief of staff, and Jonathan Samford, his press secretary, both left after three months to “to pursue other interests.” Palazzo gave no other explanation.
Janus and Palazzo were roommates while both served in the Mississippi House.
The D’Iberville City Council met yesterday and granted Janus a leave of absence.
Palazzo defeated longtime Democratic Rep. Gene Taylor in the November election.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)