Palazzo’s staffers depart, Janus takes leave of absence
D’IBERVILLE — D’Iberville City Manager Michael Janus has taken a leave of absence to take over temporarily as chief of staff for freshman U.S. Rep. Steven Palazzo.
The announcement came March 30 from Palazzo’s and Janus’ offices.
Palazzo, a Republican , announced Erskine Wells, his chief of staff, and Jonathan Samford, his press secretary, both left after three months to “to pursue other interests.” Palazzo gave no other explanation.
Janus and Palazzo were roommates while both served in the Mississippi House.
The D’Iberville City Council met yesterday and granted Janus a leave of absence.
Palazzo defeated longtime Democratic Rep. Gene Taylor in the November election.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Owner of former hospital given deadline
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record