Palazzo’s staffers depart, Janus takes leave of absence
D’IBERVILLE — D’Iberville City Manager Michael Janus has taken a leave of absence to take over temporarily as chief of staff for freshman U.S. Rep. Steven Palazzo.
The announcement came March 30 from Palazzo’s and Janus’ offices.
Palazzo, a Republican , announced Erskine Wells, his chief of staff, and Jonathan Samford, his press secretary, both left after three months to “to pursue other interests.” Palazzo gave no other explanation.
Janus and Palazzo were roommates while both served in the Mississippi House.
The D’Iberville City Council met yesterday and granted Janus a leave of absence.
Palazzo defeated longtime Democratic Rep. Gene Taylor in the November election.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love