Palazzo’s staffers depart, Janus takes leave of absence
by Associated Press
Published: March 31,2011
Tags: federal government
D’IBERVILLE — D’Iberville City Manager Michael Janus has taken a leave of absence to take over temporarily as chief of staff for freshman U.S. Rep. Steven Palazzo.
The announcement came March 30 from Palazzo’s and Janus’ offices.
Palazzo, a Republican , announced Erskine Wells, his chief of staff, and Jonathan Samford, his press secretary, both left after three months to “to pursue other interests.” Palazzo gave no other explanation.
Janus and Palazzo were roommates while both served in the Mississippi House.
The D’Iberville City Council met yesterday and granted Janus a leave of absence.
Palazzo defeated longtime Democratic Rep. Gene Taylor in the November election.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil