Join America’s ‘Biggest Loser’ for EXPO’s kick-off breakfast
Brandon native Patrick House is a turnaround specialist who will share his inspirational story with Mississippi’s business and civic leaders at the 7:30 a.m. kickoff breakfast of the Mississippi Business & Technology EXPO April 7 at the Jackson Trade Mart on the State Fair Grounds.
House will detail how he turned around a life that had him trapped in a cycle of over-eating fed by depression and anxiety. The commitment and extraordinary effort he put forth led him to the season 10 title of “Biggest Loser” on the hit NBC show of the same name.
“I will be sharing my story of how I got involved with the ‘Biggest Loser’ and how I maintained my weight and what I am doing now,” House said in a pre-EXPO interview.
Tami Jones, advertising director of the Mississippi Business Journal, organizer of the annual EXPO, said House made “a great fit” as a speaker to kick off the day-long event.
“Mississippi has it challenges with obesity, and with all the campaigns this year with getting healthy, Patrick was a natural fit,” she said. “Patrick will speak of the challenges he has faced, how he has been able to keep the weight off, what his exercise routine consists of, and making it all work in balancing family and work.
“This event will not only be informative, but also drive traffic for the morning for the exhibitors.”
MBJ Publisher Alan Turner said he is “delighted” that the business news weekly arranged for House to address the breakfast audience. Attendees will hear a remarkable story true life story from a remarkable man, Turner said.
Dan Modisett, general manager of local NBC affiliate WBLT and breakfast sponsor, said the breakfast and the trade show that follows it are “one of the best places you can do business networking.”
Added Modisett: “It’s a great business-to-business event. You can see a lot of people and make a lot contacts in a real condensed period of time.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy