Join America’s ‘Biggest Loser’ for EXPO’s kick-off breakfast
Brandon native Patrick House is a turnaround specialist who will share his inspirational story with Mississippi’s business and civic leaders at the 7:30 a.m. kickoff breakfast of the Mississippi Business & Technology EXPO April 7 at the Jackson Trade Mart on the State Fair Grounds.
House will detail how he turned around a life that had him trapped in a cycle of over-eating fed by depression and anxiety. The commitment and extraordinary effort he put forth led him to the season 10 title of “Biggest Loser” on the hit NBC show of the same name.
“I will be sharing my story of how I got involved with the ‘Biggest Loser’ and how I maintained my weight and what I am doing now,” House said in a pre-EXPO interview.
Tami Jones, advertising director of the Mississippi Business Journal, organizer of the annual EXPO, said House made “a great fit” as a speaker to kick off the day-long event.
“Mississippi has it challenges with obesity, and with all the campaigns this year with getting healthy, Patrick was a natural fit,” she said. “Patrick will speak of the challenges he has faced, how he has been able to keep the weight off, what his exercise routine consists of, and making it all work in balancing family and work.
“This event will not only be informative, but also drive traffic for the morning for the exhibitors.”
MBJ Publisher Alan Turner said he is “delighted” that the business news weekly arranged for House to address the breakfast audience. Attendees will hear a remarkable story true life story from a remarkable man, Turner said.
Dan Modisett, general manager of local NBC affiliate WBLT and breakfast sponsor, said the breakfast and the trade show that follows it are “one of the best places you can do business networking.”
Added Modisett: “It’s a great business-to-business event. You can see a lot of people and make a lot contacts in a real condensed period of time.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity