Severstal accelerating Columbus plant expansion
COLUMBUS — Severstal North America (SNA) has successfully completed the sale of its Warren, OH, Wheeling, W.V., and Sparrows Point, Md., assets to the Renco Group Inc.
The sale of these assets is a key component of SNA’s strategic refocusing, which centers around the development of the company’s Dearborn, Mich., and Columbus facilities.
Severstal also announced it has accelerated completion dates for some of its planned capital improvements, and confirmed the remainder of the improvements will be finished on schedule.
Severstal’s development of the Dearborn plant includes a $740-million modernization program that consists of a new cold rolling complex and galvanizing line targeting critically exposed applications for automotive customers and other original equipment manufacturers.
The $550-million expansion project at the Columbus plant will increase annual steel production to 3.4 million tons and double the plant’s galvanizing capacity.
Upon completion of the capital improvement programs, combined annual steelmaking capacity will reach six million tons, cold rolling capacity at Dearborn and Columbus will increase to 3.6 million tons and galvanizing capacity to 2.4 million tons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Severstal accelerating Columbus plant expansion”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data