Lovins named dean of COM
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 3,2011
The William Carey University board of trustees has named Dr. Darrel Lovins as Dean of the WCU-College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM). Lovins has served as interim dean of the COM since Dec. 15, 2010.
Lovins is a graduate of Bethel College in St. Paul, Minn., and the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. He holds a master of public health from the University of Washington, as well.
Lovins has served as associate dean for clinical sciences and professor of medicine at WCU since 2008. Prior to coming to Carey, Lovins was an associate professor at Pike College School of Osteopathic Medicine, the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, the University of South Alabama and the University of Washington.
He is a member of numerous professional organizations and is active in the American Osteopathic Association, where he serves as vice chair on the council on postdoctoral training.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center