Lovins named dean of COM
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 3,2011
The William Carey University board of trustees has named Dr. Darrel Lovins as Dean of the WCU-College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM). Lovins has served as interim dean of the COM since Dec. 15, 2010.
Lovins is a graduate of Bethel College in St. Paul, Minn., and the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. He holds a master of public health from the University of Washington, as well.
Lovins has served as associate dean for clinical sciences and professor of medicine at WCU since 2008. Prior to coming to Carey, Lovins was an associate professor at Pike College School of Osteopathic Medicine, the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, the University of South Alabama and the University of Washington.
He is a member of numerous professional organizations and is active in the American Osteopathic Association, where he serves as vice chair on the council on postdoctoral training.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years