Lovins named dean of COM
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 3,2011
The William Carey University board of trustees has named Dr. Darrel Lovins as Dean of the WCU-College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM). Lovins has served as interim dean of the COM since Dec. 15, 2010.
Lovins is a graduate of Bethel College in St. Paul, Minn., and the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. He holds a master of public health from the University of Washington, as well.
Lovins has served as associate dean for clinical sciences and professor of medicine at WCU since 2008. Prior to coming to Carey, Lovins was an associate professor at Pike College School of Osteopathic Medicine, the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, the University of South Alabama and the University of Washington.
He is a member of numerous professional organizations and is active in the American Osteopathic Association, where he serves as vice chair on the council on postdoctoral training.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports