Lovins named dean of COM
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 3,2011
The William Carey University board of trustees has named Dr. Darrel Lovins as Dean of the WCU-College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM). Lovins has served as interim dean of the COM since Dec. 15, 2010.
Lovins is a graduate of Bethel College in St. Paul, Minn., and the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. He holds a master of public health from the University of Washington, as well.
Lovins has served as associate dean for clinical sciences and professor of medicine at WCU since 2008. Prior to coming to Carey, Lovins was an associate professor at Pike College School of Osteopathic Medicine, the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, the University of South Alabama and the University of Washington.
He is a member of numerous professional organizations and is active in the American Osteopathic Association, where he serves as vice chair on the council on postdoctoral training.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation