Lovins named dean of COM
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 3,2011
The William Carey University board of trustees has named Dr. Darrel Lovins as Dean of the WCU-College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM). Lovins has served as interim dean of the COM since Dec. 15, 2010.
Lovins is a graduate of Bethel College in St. Paul, Minn., and the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. He holds a master of public health from the University of Washington, as well.
Lovins has served as associate dean for clinical sciences and professor of medicine at WCU since 2008. Prior to coming to Carey, Lovins was an associate professor at Pike College School of Osteopathic Medicine, the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, the University of South Alabama and the University of Washington.
He is a member of numerous professional organizations and is active in the American Osteopathic Association, where he serves as vice chair on the council on postdoctoral training.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center