Pugh named VP at MGCCC
Dr. Jason V. Pugh, vice president of the Jackson County Campus of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, has been named vice president of instruction and student services for the college.
Pugh officially began his new position on March 16.
Pugh, who taught physics and engineering mechanics at Gulf Coast from 1994-2000, played an integral role in the college’s participation in NASA’s Mississippi Space Grant, which provides scholarships and research opportunities for two-year college students. From 2000 to 2005, he was the director of distance education for the Mississippi Virtual Community College, and from 2005 to 2008 he served as associate executive director of workforce, career and technical education at the Mississippi State Board for Community and Junior Colleges.
In 2008, he was chosen as the vice president of the Jackson County Campus.
In 2010, Pugh was named as one of the Top 10 Community Leaders and Top 10 Business Leaders Under 40, an award given annually by The Sun Herald and the Journal of South Mississippi Business to 20 winners who have achieved educational and personal success and volunteered with a variety of nonprofit organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)