State awards five-year eGovernment contract to NIC
JACKSON — The State of Mississippi has selected NIC Inc., a provider of eGovernment services, for self-funded online government services. Terms were not disclosed.
The state awarded NIC a five-year contract that will run through Dec. 2015.
Through its Jackson-based subsidiary, Mississippi Interactive, LLC, NIC will provide electronic payment processing for the state of Mississippi, a new innovative design for the State’s official website and an acceleration of online services available to Mississippi residents and businesses. The self-funded model implemented by Mississippi Interactive allows the company to provide these services without using appropriated taxpayer dollars.
“Partnering with NIC brings Mississippi the very best online government services,” said the State’s CIO, David Litchliter. “This relationship opens doors to more online services and provides Mississippi’s businesses and citizens convenient, secure, and transparent state government online transactions.”
Mississippi Interactive is currently partnering with the Department of Finance and Administration to expand the state’s payment processing offerings. “We are excited about the expanded offerings and new opportunities that NIC brings to the table for Mississippi’s state agencies,” said Cille Litchfield, deputy executive director of the Department of Finance and Administration.
Source: NIC Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State awards five-year eGovernment contract to NIC”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)