State awards five-year eGovernment contract to NIC
JACKSON — The State of Mississippi has selected NIC Inc., a provider of eGovernment services, for self-funded online government services. Terms were not disclosed.
The state awarded NIC a five-year contract that will run through Dec. 2015.
Through its Jackson-based subsidiary, Mississippi Interactive, LLC, NIC will provide electronic payment processing for the state of Mississippi, a new innovative design for the State’s official website and an acceleration of online services available to Mississippi residents and businesses. The self-funded model implemented by Mississippi Interactive allows the company to provide these services without using appropriated taxpayer dollars.
“Partnering with NIC brings Mississippi the very best online government services,” said the State’s CIO, David Litchliter. “This relationship opens doors to more online services and provides Mississippi’s businesses and citizens convenient, secure, and transparent state government online transactions.”
Mississippi Interactive is currently partnering with the Department of Finance and Administration to expand the state’s payment processing offerings. “We are excited about the expanded offerings and new opportunities that NIC brings to the table for Mississippi’s state agencies,” said Cille Litchfield, deputy executive director of the Department of Finance and Administration.
Source: NIC Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State awards five-year eGovernment contract to NIC”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics