Wilson retiring, Nocchiero nominated
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 3,2011
Callon Petroleum Company announced that one of its directors, Richard O. “Dick” Wilson, has informed the board of directors that he intends to retire from the board and not seek re-election when his term expires. He will continue to serve as a director until the adjournment of the 2011 Annual Meeting of Shareholders May 12.
Wilson has served on Callon’s board since 1995 and currently serves as a member of the board’s Audit Committee, Compensation Committee and Strategic Planning Committee and as chairman of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee.
During the past year Callon has been evaluating potential new members for the board if a vacancy should occur. At the recommendation of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee, the board of has nominated Anthony “Tony” J. Nocchiero to fill the vacancy created by Wilson’s upcoming retirement. Nocchiero was nominated to the board March 15.
He has extensive experience in the energy industry, having served with Amoco Corporation and BP p.l.c. He most recently held the position of senior vice president and CFO with CF Industries Inc.
Nocchiero spent 24 years with Amoco Corporation in various financial and management positions, including service as Amoco’s vice president and controller from April 1998 to Jan. 1999. Following Amoco’s merger with BP, he served as vice president and CFO of BP Chemicals, the global petrochemical business of BP p.l.c.
Nocchiero holds a B.S. degree in chemical engineering from Washington University in St. Louis and an M.B.A. degree from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects