Speed confirmed as MDA executive director
Published: April 4,2011
JACKSON — The state Senate today confirmed businessman Leland Speed for his second turn as executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority.
Speed held the top job at MDA from January 2004 until he stepped down in November 2006. He was succeeded by Gray Swoope.
Swoope was MDA director until last month, when he left for a similar economic development job in Florida.
Speed is expected to serve for the rest of Republican Gov. Haley Barbour’s second term, which ends next January.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life