Speed confirmed as MDA executive director
by Associated Press
Published: April 4,2011
JACKSON — The state Senate today confirmed businessman Leland Speed for his second turn as executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority.
Speed held the top job at MDA from January 2004 until he stepped down in November 2006. He was succeeded by Gray Swoope.
Swoope was MDA director until last month, when he left for a similar economic development job in Florida.
Speed is expected to serve for the rest of Republican Gov. Haley Barbour’s second term, which ends next January.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term