Speed confirmed as MDA executive director
Published: April 4,2011
JACKSON — The state Senate today confirmed businessman Leland Speed for his second turn as executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority.
Speed held the top job at MDA from January 2004 until he stepped down in November 2006. He was succeeded by Gray Swoope.
Swoope was MDA director until last month, when he left for a similar economic development job in Florida.
Speed is expected to serve for the rest of Republican Gov. Haley Barbour’s second term, which ends next January.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal