Speed confirmed as MDA executive director
by Associated Press
Published: April 4,2011
JACKSON — The state Senate today confirmed businessman Leland Speed for his second turn as executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority.
Speed held the top job at MDA from January 2004 until he stepped down in November 2006. He was succeeded by Gray Swoope.
Swoope was MDA director until last month, when he left for a similar economic development job in Florida.
Speed is expected to serve for the rest of Republican Gov. Haley Barbour’s second term, which ends next January.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip