Speed confirmed as MDA executive director
Published: April 4,2011
JACKSON — The state Senate today confirmed businessman Leland Speed for his second turn as executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority.
Speed held the top job at MDA from January 2004 until he stepped down in November 2006. He was succeeded by Gray Swoope.
Swoope was MDA director until last month, when he left for a similar economic development job in Florida.
Speed is expected to serve for the rest of Republican Gov. Haley Barbour’s second term, which ends next January.
Source: Associated Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Plan would give up to $1.5M to music recording, concerts
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports