MEMA releases preliminary storm damage reports
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received initial damage reports from six counties for the severe weather system that moved through the state yesterday.
The reports from the counties are as follows:
• DeSoto: A few buildings and homes damaged.
• Marshall: Numerous trees down and at least one farm building damaged.
• Quitman: A couple of mobile homes damaged.
• Tate: Homes damaged and trees down.
• Tunica: One building damaged and trees down.
• Union: A few homes and agricultural buildings damaged and trees down.
Source: Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015